The information on this page relates to the 2021-22 academic year
The module requires you to demonstrate your acquisition of a range of intellectual and practical skills for engaging with a topical issue related to any area of Global Sustainable Development. You are expected to bring together theoretical concepts and practical approaches to address a specific problem, and to demonstrate your ability to think across disciplines and produce an original intervention (a concept paper, a practical project, a film production, a long essay, an advocacy campaign etc…) in the field of sustainable development. Furthermore, the module encourages each student to design a strategy for disseminating their findings (present at a conference, publish online, publish in a journal, hold a public meeting) in the public space.
Principal Learning Outcomes
By the end of the module you will have:
- Learned to design a feasible research project;
- Planned, implemented and managed a research project;
- Produced a piece of original research that is based on a topical issue related to Global Sustainable Development;
- Designed a public dissemination event to showcase your findings;
- Presented the findings of your research project in a public forum.
Proposal (1,500 words) (10%)
Dissemination (format varies) (20%)
Dissertation (8,000) or Project (+ a 2,000-word commentary) (70%)