Led by Jo Wale (IATL) and Debbi Marais (WMS)
Purpose of the Learning Circle
Interdisciplinarity has an impressive pedigree at Warwick. This learning circle is intended to allow those Fellows with a specific interest in interdisciplinary approaches, to come together and learn from each other. The project currently in progress aims to gather data on interdisciplinary initiatives around the University and then create a Warwick inventory of interdisciplinarity. This will then be highlighted through a MyWarwick space with the ultimate aims of:
- Promoting awareness and engagement with current interdisciplinarity opportunities and
- Creating new interdisciplinary initiatives, particularly new modules and research projects.
Aims of the Learning Circle
The Learning Circle aims to:
- Develop and disseminate exemplars of good practice.
- Engage in ongoing evaluations with students and staff to enhance cross-disciplinary practices in the interest of the student learning experience.
- Encourage strategic cross-disciplinary collaboration and joint cross-disciplinary investment by showcasing interdisciplinary initiatives at departmental and institutional levels.
Plan of Work for 2019/20
In the coming academic year, the Learning Circle intends to:
- Consider the recommendations of the report arising from the WIHEA funded project on interdisciplinarity and to agree an action plan for the learning circle to work on throughout the year.
- Reflect and discuss on interdisciplinary themes, such as the barriers to interdisciplinary teaching, and write and publish papers.
- Reflect and discuss on how the effectiveness of interdisciplinary teaching can be measured through data.
- Continue to work alongside the WIHEA funded Education Strategy Hubs Project to advise on the information to be provided on the interdisciplinary hub webpages.
Meeting Dates for 2019/20
- Tuesday 12th November – 3 pm to 5 pm (SH2.19)
- Monday 9th December – 10 am to 12 pm (SH2.19)
- Thursday 23rd January – 11 am to 1 pm (SH2.19)
- Monday 9th March – 10 am to 12 pm (SH2.19)
- Monday 27th April – 10 am to 12 pm (SH2.19)
- Monday 22nd June – 10 am to 12 pm (SH2.19)
Current members of this circle
- Jo Angouri
- Gavin Bell
- Dan Derricott
- Emily Dunford
- Caroline Gibson
- Elizabeth Hough
- Nichola Howell-Manning
- Bo Kelestyn
- Russ Kitson
- Georgia Kremmyda
- Debbi Marais (Co-lead)
- Jennie Mills
- Ines Molinaro
- Todd Olive
- Robert O'Toole
- Stefania Paredes Fuentes
- Sophie Reissner-Roubicek
- Claire Rocks
- Ruth Taylor
- Lauren Schrock
- Jo Wale (Co-Lead)