This page contains a list of useful resources for staff and students who are interested in gender diversity, trans lives and experiences and gender inclusive teaching. These resources include articles, books, guidance and resources from around the University of Warwick.
Books & Articles
- Meg-John Barker, Julia Scheele (2016) Queer: A Graphic History. Icon Books.
- Leslie Feinbeg. (1996) Transgender Warriors: Making History from Joan of Arc to Dennis Rodman. Penguin Random House.
- Susan Stryker (2017) Transgender History: The Roots of Today's Revolution. Seal Press.
- Juliet Jacques (2016) Trans: A Memoir. Verso.
- Micah Rajunov, Scott Duane (eds.) (2019) Nonbinary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity. Columbia University Press.
- Kate Bornstein (1994) Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us. Penguin Random House.
- Judith Butler (2006) Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity. Routledge.
- J. Halberstam (2012) Gaga Feminism: Sex, Gender, and the End of Normal. Beacon Press.
- Allen (2015) Queer pedagogy and the limits of thought: teaching sexualities at university. Higher Education Research & Development. 34: 763-775
- Britzman (1995) Is there a queer pedagogy? Or, stop reading straight. Educational Theory, 45 (2): 151-165
- Quinlivan (2012) Popular culture as emotional provocation: The material enactment of queer pedagogies in a high school classroom. Sex Education, 12 (5): 511-522
- Alexander (2012) Teaching discomfort?: Uncomfortable attachments, ambivalent identifications. Transformations, 22 (2): 57-71
- McBride, RS & Neary, A (2021) Trans and gender diverse youth resisting cisnormativity in school, Gender and Education, 33:8, 1090-1107
- Directory of support for LGBTQUA+ people
- Directory of support for those supporting LGBTQUA+ people
- Peer support resources
The Queering University programme's directory of resources includes many other useful resources, including those centred on: