ES3E0/ES4D4 Power Electronics
- Introduction to power electronics, devices and applications.
- Power semiconductor device physics: diodes, thyristors, bipolar transistors, MOSFETs, IGBTs, high voltage power ICs
- Power converters: DC-DC converters, isolated converters, bridges and 3-phase inverters, resonant converters
- Drives: basics of induction machine and synchronous machine drives.
- Practical aspects of converters: gate drives, snubbering, losses, thermal issues, packaging, reliability, stray inductance
- New materials: silicon carbide, gallium nitride, schottky diodes, HEMTs
- Design and simulation of converters and devices
- Applications: solar power, distributed generation, wind power, hybrid & electric vehicles.