This project aims to steer the discussion within the international biomedical engineering (BME) community, creating an international working group that will influence European and WHO policy on HTA of Medical Devices, with a specific focus on LMIC.
The main activities of supported by this project have been:
1) to host a meeting of an international working group, aiming to draft a white/paper on HTA of Medical devices.
2) support a field study in Benin, aiming to explore the operational condition of medical devices in a sub-Saharan country
3) support the dissemination of those preliminary results in scientific conference and discuss the preliminary findings with relevant European Institutions and with WHO.
This project is supported by:
1) the World Health Organization (WHO)
2) the International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE)
3) Warwick Impact Fund
4) EPSRC IAA