Dr Oleh Kiselychnyk
Science City Research Fellow
University of Warwick
Dr Oleh Kiselychnyk joined the Power and Control Systems Research Laboratory within the School of Engineering at the University of Warwick as a Science City Research Fellow in November 2012. He gained his MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering and Control from the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kiev Polytechnic Institute”, where he worked as an Assistant and a Docent till 2012. Dr Kiselychnyk was a visiting Scholar of the Hamburg University of Technology (Germany) in 2008 and the University of Utah (Salt Lake City, USA) in 2009. His research interests are in electric machines control, industrial automation and electromechanical control systems.
Current research projects
- Vector Control of Self-Excited Induction Generators (supported by Science City Energy Efficiency project);
- Cost Effective Sensorless Control of Induction Motor Driven Turbomechanisms for Energy Saving (supported by GRP energy funding);
- Optimal Voltage Controllers.
1) O.Kiselychnyk, M.Bodson & J.Wang, “Model of a Self-Excited Induction Generator for the Design of Capacitor-Controlled Voltage Regulators,” Proc. of 21-st IEEE Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, June 25-28, 2013, Crete, Greece. pp.149-154.
2) M.Bodson, O.Kiselychnyk & J.Wang “Comparison of Two Magnetic Saturation Models of Induction Machines,” Proc. of 2013 IEEE International Electric Machines & Drives Conference, 12 - 15 May 2013, Chicago, IL, USA. pp.1004-1009.
3) M.Bodson & O.Kiselychnyk, “The complex Hurwitz test for the analysis of spontaneous self-excitation in induction generators,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 58, issue 2, pp. 449–454, February, 2013.
4) O.Kiselychnyk, M.Pushkar, M.Bodson, “Critical loads of induction generators with series self-excitation,” Electromechanical and energy saving systems. Thematic issue “Problems of automatic electric drive. Theory and applications.” N3/2012 (19). -2012. pp.48-52.
5) M.Bodson & O.Kiselychnyk, “Analysis of triggered self-excitation in induction generators and experimental validation,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 27, issue 2, pp. 238–249, June, 2012.
6) M.Bodson & O.Kiselychnyk, “Nonlinear dynamic model and stability analysis of self-excited induction generators,” Proc. of the American Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA. – 2011. – P. 4574-4579.
7) M.Bodson & O.Kiselychnyk, “On the capacitor voltage needed to trigger self-excitation in induction generators,” Proc. of 19-th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Corfu, Greece. – 2011. – P. 351-357.
8) O.Kiselychnyk, M.Pushkar, M.Bodson, “Critical load of self-excited induction generators,” ISSN 2221-3805 Electrotechnic and Computer Systems, N. 03 (79), 2011. pp.282-285.
9) M.Pechenik, O.Kiselychnyk, S.Buryan, D.Petukhova, “Sensorless control of water supply pump based on neural network estimation,” ISSN 2221-3805 Electrotechnic and Computer Systems, N. 03 (79), 2011. pp.462-466.
10) O.I.Kiselychnyk & M.Bodson, Nonsensor control of centrifugal water pump with asynchronous electric-drive motor based on extended Kalman filter/ ISSN 1068-3712, Russian Electrical Engineering, 2011, Vol. 82, No. 2, pp. 69–75. Allerton Press, Inc., USA, 2011.
11) M. Bodson & O. Kiselychnyk, “On the triggering of self-excitation in induction generators,” Proc. of the 20th International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion (Speedam 2010), Pisa, Italy, pp. 866-871, 2010.
12) M. Bodson & O. Kiselychnyk, “Analytic conditions for spontaneous self-excitation in induction generators,” Proc. of the American Control Conference, Baltimore, MD, USA, pp. 2527-2532, 2010.
13) Kiselychnyk O., Pushkar M., Ostroverkhov M. Concept of inverse dynamics problems for сascade speed control of direct current motors with field weakening // Transactions of Kremenchuk State University. Kremenchuk: KSU, N3/2010 (62), part 1, 2010. pp.11-14.
14) Pechenik M., Kiselychnyk O., Buryan S. Experimental research of interactive energy saving controller of water supply pump based on flow rate measurement // Transactions of Kharkiv National Technical University, N28, 2010. pp.272-274.