Skip to main content
Current Funded Research Projects
- Joint UK-India Clean Energy Centre, Funded by EPSRC (EP/P003605/1), 2016-2020.
- Integrated Market-fit and Affordable Grid-scale Energy Storage (IMAGES), Funded by EPSRC (EP/K002228), 2012-2018.
- SUPERGEN Energy Storage Hub, Funded by EPSRC (EP/L019469), 2014-2019.
- New Control Methodology for the Next Generation of Engine Management Systems, Funded by EPSRC (EP/J01043X), 2013 - 2017.
- Flexible and Efficient Power Plant: Flex-E-Plant, Funded by EPSRC (EP/K021095/1), 2013-2018
- Next Generation Grid Scale Thermal Energy Storage Technologies (NexGen-TEST), funded by EPSRC (EP/L014211), 2014-2017.
- ADAPTIVE ELECTRIC DRIVE CONTROLLER, funded by Innovate UK and AVL, 2015-2017.
- Ultra-Supercritical (USC) steam power generation technology with Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB): Combustion, Materials and Modelling, funded by EPSRC (EP/M01536X/1), 2015-2018.
Recently Completed Research Projects
- Battery Characterisation and Management - the key to Smart Grids and the Integration of Electric Vehicles, Funded by EPSRC (EP/L001004), 2013-2017
- Development of a novel energy efficient magnetic scroll air motor, Funded by EPSRC (EP/H04084), 2009-2012.
- Large scale thermal power plant modelling and simulation, Funded by the University Strategy Awards, 2011-2012.
- Enhancing the Mill Condition Monitoring Software Functions by Integrating Measurement Signals of Two Wireless Sensors, Funded by Warwick Venture, 2011-2013.
- The Next Generation of Activated Carbon Adsorbents for the Pre-Combustion Capture of CO2, Funded by EPSRC (EP/I010955), 2011-2014.
- Study of supercritical coal fired power plant dynamic Responses for Grid Code compliance , Funded by EPSRC (EP/G062889), 2009-2014.
- Adaptive Drive Controller for Electric Vehicles, funded by AVL, 2014-2015.
- Science City - Energy Future Programme - Energy Efficiency and Demand Reduction, Funded by Advantage West Midlands, 2009 - 2019.
- Modelling, HIL simulation and control of motorised vehicle actuator(s) for optimal power consumption, Funded by Jaguar Land Rover and the University of Warwick, 2011-2014.