Dr Wenbin Zhang
Dr Wenbin Zhang joined Power and Control Systems Laboratory in School of Engineering at the University of Warwick as a Research Fellow. Dr Wenbin Zhang graduated from Tsinghua University in 2003. He has been working on several EPSRC projects (DEM simulation of two phase flow, biomass gasification and carbon capture) before joining University of Warwick. Currently he is working on simulation of USC/CFB power plant system.
- Steady-state and dynamic modelling of power plant system
- CO2 capture using solid adsorbents and fluidized bed technology
- Gasification and carbonization of biomass materials
- CFD-DEM simulation of particulate reactors such as fluidized beds and biomedical systems
- Wenbin Zhang, Chris Benson, Andrew Cunningham, Saffa Riffat: Parametric analysis on the performance of a revolutionary rotary Ericsson heat pump/engine, 16th International conference on sustainable energy technologies, 17 July 2017, Italy
- Wenbin Zhang, Chenggong Sun, Colin E. Snape， Robin Irons, Simon Stebbing, Tony Alderson, David Fitzgerald, Hao Liu: Process simulations of post-combustion CO2 capture for coal and natural gas-fired power plants using a polyethyleneimine/silica adsorbent, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 58(2017): 276-289
- Wenbin Zhang, Hao Liu, Yuan Sun, Janis Cakstins, Chenggong Sun, Colin E. Snape: Parametric study on the regeneration heat requirement of an amine-based solid adsorbent process for post-combustion carbon capture, Applied Energy, 168(2016): 394-405
- Wenbin Zhang, Hao Liu, Chenggong Sun, Trevor C. Drage, Colin E. Snape: Capturing CO2 from ambient air using a polyethyleneimine-silica adsorbent in fluidized beds. Chemical Engineering Science, 116 (2014): 306-316
- Wenbin Zhang, Hao Liu, Chenggong Sun, Trevor C. Drage, Colin E. Snape: Performance of polyethyleneimine-silica adsorbent for post-combustion CO2 capture in a bubbling fluidized bed. Chemical Engineering journal, 251 (2014): 293-303
- Wenbin Zhang, Hao Liu, Irfan Ul Hai, York Neubauer, Philipp Schröder, Holger Oldenburg, Alexander Seilkopf, Axel Kölling: Cleaning strategies for biomass gasification product gas, International Journal of Low Carbon Technologies (Oxford University Press), volume 0, Pages 1-6, 2012
- Chenggong Sun, Wenbin Zhang, Hao Liu: Chapter III Environmental concerns regarding CO2, in Book “Catalytic Activation of CO2”, edited by Distinguished Professor Steven L Suib in USA. The contribution of this chapter is invited by Professor uib, book published in 2013 by Elsevier.