Area of Interests:
Mathematical aspects of materials science, solid mechanics, fracture mechanics, atomistic modelling of crystalline defects, near-crack-tip plasticity, numerical simulations and numerical analysis.
- (with T. Hudson and C. Ortner) Analysis of cell size effects in atomistic crack propagation, arXiv:1905.13328, 2019;
- (with T. Hudson and C. Ortner) Analysis of an atomistic model for anti-plane fracture, arXiv:1810.05501, 2018, accepted for publication in Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences (M3AS);
- (with J. Braun and C. Ortner) The effect of crystal symmetries on the locality of screw dislocation cores, SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis 2019, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 1108-1136, [PDF file].
- MACM International Conference CoMFoS19: Mathematical Aspects of Continuum Mechanics,
Kanazawa, Japan, 15 - 16 July 2019 (invited talk),
- Research visit to Kanazawa University, Japan, 13 June - 19 July 2019,
to work with Prof. M. Kimura and Dr P. van Meurs on a project:
"A bottom-up approach to near-crack-tip plasticity in crystalline solids"
SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE19),
Spokane, Washington, USA, February 25 - March 1, 2019,
(speaker at a Minisymposium: "Multiphysics and Multiscale Problems in Computational Science and Engineering");
- The 12th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications,
Taipei, Taiwan, 5 - 9 July 2018,
(speaker at a Special Session: "Mathematics and Materials: Models and Applications");
- Coagulation-Fragmentation Equations and Semigroups: A meeting in Honour of Wilson Lamb,
Glasgow, UK, 23 May 2018;
- Nonlinear analysis and the physical and biological sciences (in honour of Jack Carr),
Edinburgh, 21-22 May 2018;
- Warwick EPSRC Symposium: Density Functional Theory and Beyond: Analysis and Computation,
Coventry, UK, 3-7 July 2017;
- INdAM Workshop on Innovative Mathematical Models and Methods for Industrial Applications,
Rome, Italy, 15-19 May, 2017;
- Joint CDT Colloquium, Maxwell Institute Graduate School for Analysis and its Applications,
Edinburgh, UK, 18-21 April 2017 (speaker).
- MSc in Mathematics and Statistics (Distinction), University of Warwick, 2016,
Thesis: Atomistic Models for Crystal Defects, supervised by Prof. Christoph Ortner;
- BSc with Honours in Mathematics (First-class), University of Strathclyde (Glasgow), 2015,
together with Gary Roach Prize, Sir Hermann Bondi Prize and Kelvin Prize.
- University of Oxford Centre for Nonlinear PDEs (OxPDE),
Undergraduate Summer Project 2014,
Entropy and Moment Problems in Macroscopic Theory, supervised by Dr Jamie Taylor;
- London Mathematical Society (LMS),
Undergraduate Research Bursary 2014,
Non-local Models of Phase Transitions, supervised by Dr Michael Grinfeld;
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC),
Vacation Bursary Scheme 2013,
Iterative Methods for Solving Large Linear Systems, supervised by Dr Alison Ramage.
- Supervisions of first-year Maths&Physics students, Terms 1 & 2, same modules as below;