I am interested in smooth ergodic theory. In particular, showing limit theorems (weak invariance principles and enhancd weak invariance principles) for dynamical systems under extremely mild mixing assumptions with an aim to apply to deterministic homogenisation.
As part of my MSc, I was involved with the large deviations research study group, supervised by Dr. Stefan Adams and Dr. Roger Tribe. We investigated thermodynamic limits and large deviations for wetting and pinning problems relating to height fields distributed under Gibbs measures in (1+1)-dimensions. The website we produced can be found here.
Email: M.Galton 'at' Warwick.ac.uk
- Warwick SIAM treasurer 2016-2017
- Organising committee for the annual SIAM student day conference, held November 2017
- Warwick MASDOC SSLC secretary 2016-2017
- Warwick organisation committee for the 2017 joint DTC (MIGSAA, CCA, OxPDE, MASDOC) student colloquium, held at MIGSAA Edinburgh
Teaching & Exam Marking:
- Supervisor for undergraduate analysis & Linear Algebra 2016-2017
- Teaching assistant for Stochastic Processes 2016-2017
- Exam marking for Geometry & Motion module 2016-2017
- Supervisor for undergraduate analysis & Linear Algebra 2017-2018
Talks & Posters:
- Group poster session at Warwick for the MsC research study group I was involved with 2016
- Group talk at Warwick for the MsC research study group I was involved with 2016
- Poster at the joint DTC (MIGSAA, CCA, OxPDE, MASDOC) student colloquium, held at MIGSAA Edinburgh 2017
- Poster at the annual MASDOC retreat in Brecon 2017
- Talk at the annual MASDOC retreat in Brecon, titled "CLTs for Dynamical Systems: Why should we care?" 2017
I enjoy walking, cooking and playing squash!