I am a final year PhD student, supervised by Prof. Ian Melbourne.
I am interested in smooth ergodic theory. In particular, showing limit theorems (weak invariance principles and enhanced weak invariance principles) for dynamical systems under extremely mild mixing conditions with an aim to apply to deterministic homogenisation.
As part of my MSc, I was involved with a large deviations research study group, supervised by Dr. Stefan Adams and Dr. Roger Tribe. We investigated thermodynamic limits and large deviations for wetting and pinning problems relating to height fields distributed under Gibbs measures in (1+1)-dimensions. The website we produced can be found here.
Email: M.Galton 'at' Warwick.ac.uk
- Warwick organisation committee for the 2017 joint DTC (MIGSAA, CCA, OxPDE, MASDOC) student colloquium, held at MIGSAA Edinburgh
- Warwick MASDOC SSLC secretary 2016-2017
- Warwick SIAM treasurer 2016-2017
- Organising committee for the annual SIAM student day conference, held November 2017
Teaching & Exam Marking:
- Supervisor for undergraduate analysis & Linear Algebra 2017-2018
- Exam marking for Geometry & Motion module 2016-2017
- Teaching assistant for Stochastic Processes 2016-2017
- Supervisor for undergraduate analysis & Linear Algebra 2016-2017
Talks & Posters:
- Poster: Conference titled "Probabilistic Limit Theorems for Dynamical Systems". CIRM, Luminy, 2018.
- Talk "CLTs for Dynamical Systems: Why should we care?": Annual MASDOC retreat. Brecon, 2017
- Poster: Annual MASDOC retreat. Brecon, 2017
- Poster: Joint DTC (MIGSAA, CCA, OxPDE, MASDOC) student colloquium. MIGSAA Edinburgh, 2017
- Group talk: MSc research study group. at Warwick, 2016
- Group poster: MSc research study group. Warwick, 2016
I enjoy walking, cooking and playing squash!