Dr Paolo Bonicatto
I currently work as a Research Fellow in the group led by Filip Rindler under the ERC project SINGULARITY – Singularities and Compactness in Nonlinear PDEs.
My research interests lie mostly in Partial Differential Equations, Geometric Measure Theory and, more recently, in some aspects of the Calculus of Variations.
- 2017 - 2020: Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (Post-Doc), University of Basel (Switzerland). I worked in the group of Gianluca Crippa under the ERC project FLIRT – Fluid Flows and Irregular Transport.
- 2014 - 2017: PhD student at SISSA, under the supervision of Stefano Bianchini.
Here is my full CVLink opens in a new window.
Selected publications and preprints
- P. Bonicatto, G. Del Nin and F. Rindler, Transport of currents and geometric Rademacher-type theorems arXiv:2207.03922Link opens in a new window
- A. Arroyo-Rabasa, P. Bonicatto and G. Del Nin, Representation of the total variation as a
Γ-limit of BMO-type seminorms, to appear in Indiana Univ. Math. J. arXiv:2112.03832Link opens in a new window
- A. Arroyo-Rabasa and P. Bonicatto, A Bourgain-Brezis-Mironescu representation for functions with bounded deformation, Calc. Var. Partial Differential Equations, 62, 33 (2023) Online versionLink opens in a new window
- P. Bonicatto, G. Ciampa and G. Crippa, Advection-diffusion equation with rough coefficients: weak solutions and vanishing viscosity, J. Math. Pures Appl., 167 (2022), pp. 204–224 Online versionLink opens in a new window
- P. Bonicatto, G. Del Nin and E. Pasqualetto, Decomposition of integral metric currents, J. Funct. Anal., 282 (2022) Online versionLink opens in a new window
- P. Bonicatto and E. Marconi, Regularity estimates for the flow of BV autonomous divergence-free vector fields in , Comm. Partial Differential Equations, 46 (2021), pp. 2235-2267 Online versionLink opens in a new window
- S. Bianchini and P. Bonicatto, A uniqueness result for the decomposition of vector fields in , Invent. Math., 220 (2020), pp. 255-393 Online versionLink opens in a new window