My field of research is number theory. More specifically, I'm interested in the following (closely related) areas:
- P-adic modular forms and automorphic forms
- Locally analytic representation theory of p-adic groups
- p-adic Galois representations and Iwasawa theory
- Computational methods for automorphic forms
See also my publications page.
Euler systems notes
For an introduction to my research area, see the following lecture notes:
- Notes of my Euler Systems mini-course at the Iwasawa centenary conference, Tokyo, 2017
- Notes and videos of my course on Euler Systems (joint with Sarah Zerbes) at the 2018 Arizona Winter School.
Magma scripts for non-paritious Hilbert modular forms
Here is some computer code for calculating Hilbert modular forms of non-paritious weight over real quadratic fields.
In spring 2014, Alex Bartel and I organised a study group on Galois cohomology; see here.
In summer 2011 I organised a study group on p-adic rigid analytic geometry; see here.
Notes and other junk
- Computing with algebraic automorphic forms (notes of my lectures at the 2011 Heidelberg summer school)
- Slides for my talk Calculating Automorphic Forms for Unitary Groups Using SAGE at the Sage Days 6 conference, 11/11/2007.
- Notes for my talk Approaches to computing overconvergent p-adic modular forms and the accompanying implementation presentation at the Heilbronn Institute workshop "Computing with automorphic forms", summer 2008
- Slides for my talk Calculating p-adic modular forms at Sage Days 16, 25/6/2009.
- A note on the norm of the Up operator
- A note on the norms of overconvergent eigenfunctions
- Attempts to factorise the U3 operator
- Study group talks:
- Cambridge things:
- General junk:
- A note on topological groups (in which I show that if G is compact and Hausdorff its conjugacy class space is Hausdorff in the quotient topology).
- An introduction to Burnside's algorithm for calculating character tables of finite groups.
- A short note on roots of cubic polynomials (written for Eureka #58, which apparently never appeared), in which I investigate when all of the roots of a complex cubic have the same absolute value. (Although this was motivated by my research on automorphic forms for unitary groups, the actual content is elementary.)