Complexity 10th Anniversary Celebration
10 Years of Doctoral Training in Complexity Science
Date: 23 April 2018
Venue: The Shard, 32 London Bridge St, SE1 9SG, London
Organisers: Colm Connaughton (Warwick Centre for Complexity Science) & Martine Barons (Dept. of Statistics, University of Warwick)
- 11:00-11:30 Coffee + welcome
- 11:30-12:00 Robin Ball (Dept. of Physics, University of Warwick)
The emergence of the Complexity Centre and a measure of emergence
- 12:00-12:30 Eddie Wilson (Dept. of Engineering Mathematics, University of Bristol)
Lane Selection Models for Highway Traffic - How to choose parsimonious models in the physical and behavioural sciences
- 12:30-13:00 Karoline Wiesner (Dept. of Mathematics, University of Bristol)
What is complexity?
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-14:30 Marcus Ong and Dan Sprague (Spectra Analytics)
From Complexity Science to Data Science: Developing your skills
- 14:30-15:00 Martine Barons (Dept. of Statistics, University of Warwick)
Feel the fear and do it anyway – a later-onset career in complex systems
- 15:00-15:30 Sandra Chapman (Dept. of Physics, University of Warwick & Dept. of Astronomy, Boston University)
Data driven discovery: application to space weather
- 15:30-16:00 Robert MacKay (Mathematics Institute, University of Warwick)
Complexity science - the future
- 16:30-18:30 Reception & networking, The Office Group - Floor 24
Pre-registration is required in order to gain access to the venue. Please bring photo ID (eg student or staff university ID card, driver's licence) in order to clear security and note that attendees will be asked to step through a metal detector and all bags and coats will be scanned.
Please use the registration here and note that registration will close at 17:00 on Wednesday 18 April 2018.
If you are travelling from Warwick, please indicate in the last free text section of the registration form if coach transport from/to Warwick is required. The coach will depart from the bus stop opposite Humanities building on University Road at 07:20 and leave London at 19:00 from London Bridge Street Bus Stands.
The event will be held off-campus so MRC are unable to make any accommodation arrangements for participants and funds are not available to assist with any accommodation expenses. In the 'other' section please also indicate your association with the Centre for Complexity Science.
Mathematics Research Centre
Mathematical Interdisciplinary Research at Warwick (MIR@W)
Where possible, visitors should obtain an EDUROAM account from their own university to enable internet access whilst at Warwick.
You can register for any of the symposia or workshops online. To see which registrations are currently open and to submit a registration, please click hereLink opens in a new window.
Mathematics Research Centre
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL - UK