All information in this page relates to the CDT in Mathematics. Details of funding opportunities for other CDTs connected to Mathematics can be found directly on their pages: Mathematics for Real-World Systems and Modelling of Heterogeneous Systems.
Funding for the CDT in Mathematics students starting in 2022
Please note that the demand for financial assistance is high and therefore very competitive. If you are from outside the UK, you are strongly encouraged to also enquire about funding through your home country.
The CDT has a significant number of studentships (25+ for 2022/23 start) and there are a number of additional scholarships that can apply separately for.
- 25+ students will be available for a start in October 22, from multiple funding sources: Maths Department, Warwick University, EPSRC,... all topped up as required to provide a uniform offer.
- Open to home and overseas fee students, though the number of OS studentships that we are able to offer is limited by the higher fee costs.
- Studentships cover the full payment of academic tuition fees (worth approximately £4,480 for home fees and £19,740 for overseas fees).
- A stipend in line with EPSRC rates ( £15,609 for full time award holders in 2021/22; new stipend for 2022/23 expected to be confirmed February 2022)
- Studentships also include a generous Research, Travel and Support grant, including a laptop, 2K for travel and 2K for a secondment opportunity in year 3.
- Duration: 4 years.
- Decisions on these scholarships are made internally by the maths department.
- Closing Date: None. They are awarded throughout the year, but given the limited numbers and high demand, it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible
- To be considered for these scholarships use the funding section of your main application in the Admissions Portal.
- Please select Studentship and complete the form as indicated on the screenshots.
- Applicants are allowed to include multiple sources of funding in the same application, for example other scholarships.