All information in this page relates to the CDT in Mathematics. Details of funding opportunities for other CDTs connected to Mathematics can be found directly on their pages: Modelling of Heterogeneous Systems.
Funding for the CDT in Mathematics students starting in 2024
Please note that the demand for financial assistance is high and therefore very competitive. If you are from outside the UK, you are strongly encouraged to also enquire about funding through your home country.
The CDT has a significant number of studentships (15+ for 2024/25 start) and there are a number of additional scholarships that you can apply separately for.
- 15+ studentships will be available for a start in October 2024, from multiple funding sources: Maths Department, Warwick University, EPSRC, ... all topped up as required to provide a uniform offer.
- Open to home and overseas fee students, though the number of overseas studentships that we are able to offer is limited by the higher fee costs.
- Studentships cover the full payment of academic tuition fees (worth approximately £4,712 for home fees and £21,760 for overseas fees).
- A stipend in line with EPSRC rates (£18,622 for full time award holders in 2023/24; new stipend for 2024/25 to be confirmed 2024)
- Studentships also include a generous Research, Travel and Support grant, including a laptop, 2K for travel and 2K for a secondment opportunity in year 3.
- Duration: 4 years.
- Decisions on these studentships are made internally by the Mathematics department.
- Closing Date: None. They are awarded throughout the year, but given the limited numbers and high demand, it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible
- To be considered for these scholarships use the funding section of your course application in the Admissions Portal.Link opens in a new window
- Please select Studentship and complete the form as indicated on the screenshots.
- Applicants are allowed to include multiple sources of funding in the same application, for example other scholarships.