Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Teaching and Learning notice board

Teaching and Learning notice board Warwick E-Learning Showcase day 19 June

You need to be logged in to post in this topic.
  1. A number of folk at WMS have agreed to present at this event. Does anyone think it’d be useful to use this forum to discuss what each of us plans to do? I’m planning to talk about a mix of what I have been involved in already, for example assessment blueprinting, and what I’d like to do more of in the future, e.g virtual patients. Cheers, David.

2. Re: Warwick E-Learning Showcase day 19 June
    Hello David I’ve been given a slot 10.30am to 11.30am to give a short (!) interactive presentation. Plan to use this time to demo & discuss support and guidance for staff & pg students. Based around my experience at Warwick over past 2 years and share some thoughts about what I’d like to be able to do more of in the future! Also, as I’m already working with Carol on a poster for ASME (July 12) plan to get poster designed and printed in time for display at this event too. Cath

3. Re: Warwick E-Learning Showcase day 19 June
    Hi David, Cath and others - I too have been given an hour slot for my presentation – I did alert the organisers that I don’t expect to be taking the whole time [though who knows, perhaps I’ll be inundated with fascinating questions!]. In my presentation, I’ll be addressing the two e-learning projects I’ve done so far, for PG modules at the med school. The projects are similar, and ‘low-tech’ involving web pages and a forum – I’ll be talking about why the projects were set up that way, support offered, issues, benefits, etc. I and the module leader have been doing substantial moderation of the forum, so that’s what I expect to focus on. I’m also doing a poster on the projects. Particularly since e-learning is not my day job, all feedback is welcome on the above! Does this sound like it would be of interest to the expected audience for the showcase day? are there any particular issues you suggest I also address? Thanks – Janice

4. Re: Warwick E-Learning Showcase day 19 June
    Hi Janice I think your projects will be particularly relevant to those who have struggled to get much uptake in discussion forums (or should that be fora). It’s certainly been my experience that moderation or facilitation produces better results, so finding out about your experiences will be interesting. Cheers, David.

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Forum followers

Follower data is not currently available.

Search results