Skip to main content Skip to navigation


If you have any complaints, worries or suggestions about teaching, you should let the department know. You can do this in the first instance by informing any one of:

  1. The staff member responsible for the activity in question. This would be the lecturer in the case of lecture modules or the laboratory head in the case of laboratory modules;
  2. Your personal tutor;
  3. Your Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC) representatives or the SSLC convenor;
  4. The Senior Tutor;
  5. The Director of Studies;
  6. The Head of Department;
  7. The Senior Administrative Officer.

The department takes all complaints and suggestions seriously. We will respond to all points raised.

If you are not satisfied with the Department's response then you may lodge a formal complaint. The University has a Student Complaints Resolution Pathway and Procedure that explains how this operates.