PLATO Week 5 took place from the 24th to the 26th of October 2017. It was held at the Seminário de Vilar in Porto, Portugal. More information about the meeting can be found on the IA Porto website.
The PSM-Coordinator, Don Pollacco, presented a brief summary of PSM activity during the PMC plenary session that opened the meeting.
Other sessions relevant to the PSM were:
- A joint plenary session with the PDC, at which the PSM Office presented some comments on the process used to review the onboard data processing ATBDs, and how this might be improved in the future.
- A WP36 / WP11 splinter session, at which the PSM Office presented the current status of the L2 data processing requirements.
- A splinter session focussing on WP12, and the contributions that are needed to various PLATO documents from that branch of the PSM.
- A splinter session giving an update on Performance Team activities.
- A PIC splinter session covering all aspects of the Input Catalogue, as well as the interfaces with other areas of the PSM and PDC.
- A splinter session looking at the various simulation tools designed for PLATO.
- A splinter session giving an update to the status of the onboard data processing algorithms.
- A second joing PDC - PSM plenary session, giving a round-up of the discussions from the various splinters.
A full set of documents from PLATO Week 5 can be downloaded from the PLATO Sharepoint (sign-in required).