I am an Associate Professor and the Director of Student Experience and Progression (DSEP) for Psychology. As DSEP, I am responsible for enhancing the student experience within the psychology department (e.g. academic and personal skills development, employability opportunities, and enhancing feedback mechanisms). I also help oversee widening participation in the department. I module convene the third-year module, "The Psychology of Intellectual Disability and Sensory Impairment" and the first-year core module, "Academic Skills for Psychologists".
I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA) and a national convenor for the specialist interest group “engaging assessment” for RAISE. I am also a fellow of the Warwick Institute Higher Education Academy, where I lead on the specialist interest group “neurodiversity and the student experience (more here). I am interested in how congenital visual loss impacts children’s social and communicative abilities. My research also looks at how we can apply my psychological knowledge to pedagogy, particularly, how to do best to enhance student well-being and the student experience.
- Ewen, C., Jenkins, H., Jackson, C., Jutley-Neilson, J., & Galvin, J. (2020). Well-being, job satisfaction, stress and burnout in speech-language pathologists: A review. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 1-11.
- Mantzios, M., Egan, H., Cook, A., Jutley-Neilson., J & O’Hara, M. (2019). The potential of mindfulness and self-compassion for an enhanced student experience. Journal of Further and Higher Education - Wellbeing and the NSS, 1-11.
- Jutley-Neilson, J, Harris, Gillian, & Kirk, Jeremy. (2018). Pilot study: Sensory integration processing disorders in children with optic nerve hypoplasia spectrum. British Journal of Visual Impairment, 36(1), 5-16
- Bek, J., Brown, M., Jutley-Neilson, J, Russell, N., Huber P., and Sackley, C. (2016). Conductive Education as a Method of Stroke Rehabilitation: A Single Blinded Randomised Controlled Feasibility Study. Stroke Research and Treatment, doi:10.1155/2016/5391598- Article ID 5391598.
- Jutley-Neilson, J., Harris, G., & Kirk, J. (2013). The identification and measurement of autistic features in children with septo-optic dysplasia, optic nerve hypoplasia and isolated hypopituitarism. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 34(12), 4310-4318. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ridd.2013.09.004
- Collis, L., Moss, J., Jutley, J., Cornish, K., & Oliver, C. (2008) Facial expression of affect in children with Cornelia de Lange syndrome. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 52, 207-215.