This page gives details of the way in which the accounts of sending institutions will be handled, and of the APTS cancellation policy.
APTS will maintain an account for each sending institution. Charges made against this account will be:
- registration fee for all students
- cost of the specified accommodation and food requirements
For students who participate in all four APTS weeks in the same academic year, 20% of the total registration fees will be rebated. This is achieved by reducing the registration fee on the final invoice from £160 to £32 (in 2019-20).
Invoices will be issued to sending institutions at the end of each APTS week, for the amounts relating to participation in that APTS week. Registration rebates for students attending all four weeks are made on the invoice for APTS week 4.
- Registration fees are payable for all students accepted for an APTS week, and are not normally refunded in the event of cancellation.
- In the event of cancellation of a student's participation in an APTS week, the charges made for accommodation and food will be reduced by
- 100% if the cancellation is received before noon of the Monday six weeks prior to the Monday of APTS week
- 50% if the cancellation is received after that but before noon of the Monday four weeks prior to the Monday of APTS week.
- Occasionally it will be necessary for the named module leader to change following the initial registration period. In the event of a notification of change of module leader, if a cancellation request is made within six weeks of the notification and prior to the relevant APTS week then charges for registration, accommodation and food will be reduced by 100%.
Notice of any cancellation should be sent (by the APTS Academic Contact for the student's home department, NOT by the student concerned) by email to admin at apts dot ac dot uk.