Dr Alice Corbella
I am a Post-Doctoral Research Associate of the Bayes4HealthLink opens in a new window collaboration, a project that aims at developing new advanced methods to tackle health problems. I work under the joint supervision of Gareth Roberts and Simon Spencer.
As part of my current work, I am looking at MCMC methods, particularly focussing on the Zig-Zag sampling (Bierkens et al, 2019) and its application to Bayesian inference of infectious disease dynamics from epidemic data.
Previously, I was in Cambridge (MRC Biostatistics Unit), where I did a PhD under the joint supervision of Anne PresanisLink opens in a new window and Dani De Angelis Link opens in a new windowon epidemic models for influenza. You can find my PhD thesis hereLink opens in a new window.
Please come to my office (MB 3.13) for a coffee (strictly Italian espresso) and a chat on the most interesting topics of stats (MCMC, SMC, dynamics models and SSMs, infectious disease dynamics, model identifiability and many more!).
- Corbella A, McKinley TJ, Birrell PJ, Presanis AM, Spencer SE, Roberts GO, De Angelis D. The Lifebelt Particle Filter for robust estimation from low-valued count data. arXiv preprint arXiv:2212.04400. 2022 Dec 8.
- Corbella A, Spencer SEF, and Roberts GO, Automatic Zig-Zag sampling in practiceLink opens in a new window. Statistics and Computing, to appear.
- Corbella A, Birrell PJ, Presanis AM and De Angelis D, Inferring Epidemics from Multiple Dependent Data via Pseudo-Marginal MethodsLink opens in a new window. Submitted to The Annals of Applied Statistics.
- Jackson CH, Grosso F, Kunzmann K, Corbella A, Gramegna M, Tirani M, Castaldi S, Cereda D, De Angelis D, Presanis A. Trends in outcomes following COVID-19 symptom onset in Milan: a cohort studyLink opens in a new window. BMJ open, 2022.
- Grosso FM, Presanis AM, Kunzmann K, Jackson C, Corbella A, Grasselli G, Andreassi A, Bodina A, Gramegna M, Castaldi S, Cereda D. Decreasing hospital burden of COVID-19 during the first wave in Regione Lombardia: an emergency measures contextLink opens in a new window. BMC Public Health, 2021.
- Presanis AM, Kunzmann K, Grosso FM, Jackson CH, Corbella A, Grasselli G, Salmoiraghi M, Gramegna M, De Angelis D, Cereda D. Risk factors associated with severe hospital burden of COVID-19 disease in Regione Lombardia: a cohort studyLink opens in a new window. BMC infectious diseases, 2021.
- Birrell PJ, Zhang XS, Corbella A, Van Leeuwen E, Panagiotopoulos N, Hoschler K, Elliot AJ, McGee M, Lusignan SD, Presanis AM, Baguelin M. Forecasting the 2017/2018 seasonal influenza epidemic in England using multiple dynamic transmission models: a case studyLink opens in a new window. BMC Public Health, 2020.
- Corbella A, Zhang XS, Birrell PJ, Boddington N, Pebody RG, Presanis AM, De Angelis D. Exploiting routinely collected severe case data to monitor and predict influenza outbreaksLink opens in a new window. BMC public health, 2018.
- Bertarelli G, Corbella A, Iorio JD, Gorshechnikova A, Scott M. Curve Clustering for Brain Functional Activity and SynchronizationLink opens in a new window. START UP RESEARCH 2017, Springer, Cham.
MSc Statistics students
- Huize Liu, Sub-type Specific Disease Transmission
MPhil in Population Health, MRC BSU, University of Cambridge
- Van Ngo, Impact of reporting delay on the estimation of the effective reproduction number
Department of Statistics
University of Warwick
CV4 7AL, UK
My Google Scholar profileLink opens in a new window
Office hours: every Friday from 11AM to 12PM. Please email me before coming to my office as I might be travelling to conferences on specific Mondays.