Mentor training dates
Tuesday 12th September 2023 – Mentor Briefing for ALL New Professional Mentors - 4.00pm – 5.00pm
This briefing will be online in our BlackBoardCollabrate (BBC) room - a link will be sent out nearer the time. We will focus on giving you the information that you need to get started with your new Professional Mentor role and offer the chance for you to ask any questions that you might have.
Thursday 14th September 2023 – Mentor Briefing for ALL Experienced Professional Mentors - 4.00pm – 4.30pm
As usual, this briefing will be online in our BlackBoardCollabrate (BBC) room - a link will be sent out nearer the time. We will focus on giving you the key information about any adaptations made to how you might undertake your role, any changes to documentation and offer the chance for you to ask any questions that you might have.
If you missed the September mentor briefings, please watch the recording below to gain an overview of Warwick’s mentoring process and the supporting documentation.
28th September 2023
The aims of this conference are as follows:
· To have a shared understanding of what it means to be a Warwick Mentor.
· To be able to explain your mentoring role within the Warwick ITT curriculum.
· To have evaluated your own mentoring skills and attributes and identified professional development needs within the mentoring role.
· To have explored how the Professional Practice Units are used to support trainee development.This will be in subject/phase specific sessions where you can meet the subject/phase lead at University
· To be able to explain how the mentoring documentation supports the trainee in their teaching practice.