Theatre Trip to Stratford-upon-AvonWednesday 31 Jan 2018
In response to student feedback, we are delighted to invite our MSc students to a Royal Shakespeare Theatre trip to see King Lear.
Date: Saturday 2 June 2018
|Departure from University Bus-Stop|
11:30 - 12:55
Lunch in Stratford (Free Time)
13:15 - 16:45
King Lear play, Royal Shakespeare Theatre
16:50 - 17:30
|Coach back to the University|
|Arrival back at the University|
About the Play
King Lear is set in the court of an ageing British monarch. It is believed that Shakespeare wrote it in around 1604, sandwiched between two other great tragedies, Othello and Macbeth. RSC Artistic Director Gregory Doran’s critically-acclaimed production returns to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre for three weeks only, with Antony Sher reprising his role as King Lear.
King Lear has ruled for many years. As age overtakes him, he divides his kingdom amongst his children.Misjudging their loyalty, he soon finds himself stripped of all the trappings of state, wealth and power that had defined him.
The Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC)
The RSC is a major British theatre company, based in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. The company employs over 1000 staff and produces around 20 productions a year from its home in Stratford-upon-Avon and plays regularly in London, Newcastle upon Tyne and on tour across the UK and internationally.
- Take your seat no less than 5 minutes before starting time.
- Consider those around you.
- Audio or visual recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Keep your mobile equipment (e.g. phones, iPads or digital watches) turned off at all times in the auditorium.
- Do not take drinks in glasses into the auditorium. Plastic cups are available for any cold drinks and may be taken in.
- Please refrain from talking during the performance.
Stratford-upon-Avon – Where to Eat
There are plenty of places near the theatre to have lunch before the performance. If you fancy a light bite, there are many snack and sandwich outlets in the nearby shops, or you could visit one of Stratford-upon-Avon’s wonderful tea / coffee shops. If the weather is good you could enjoy a picnic in the park beside the theatre, or visit the theatre’s Riverside Café.
Book your Ticket
We have 50 tickets available and they will be allocated on first come first served basis.
1. Book your tickets via the booking form below. The form will be opened from Monday 30 April to Monday 21 May, or until all tickets are sold out.
2. You will be able to collect your tickets from Tuesday, 22 May until Friday 1 June from the Economics Executive Office - Gill Gudger or Sharon Yarrow in Room S1.130, Monday - Friday, 10.00am-3.00pm. Please note that you will be required to pay a £10 refundable deposit before collecting your tickets. If you have a query, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Your refundable deposit will be available for collection from Monday, 4 June from the Economics Executive Office. Please note that if you book but do not attend, you will not be able to claim the deposit back.comments powered by Disqus