How would you like to engage with policy makers on issues that concern the world?
Warwick Economics Question Time is held during Induction and is very similar in format to the popular BBC television show.
It gives new students, as well as other students and staff at the University, an excellent opportunity to engage with politicians, policy makers and academics on major issues and questions that concern the world.
Warwick Question Time 2018
The event takes place in Butterworth Hall at the Warwick Arts Centre, and previous years have seen an audience of over 1,000 taking their seats to watch exciting panellists discussing a range of issues.
In October 2018, Warwick students: Louise Sodergren (Economics) and Harry Ford (PAIS) joined the Question Time panel. Hear what they had to say about their experience in our short video:
- Lord Gus O’Donnell - Former Cabinet Secretary (2005-2011), the highest official in the British Civil Service.
- The Right Honourable Hazel Blears - MP for Salford for 18 years; held various roles including Health Minister, Police and Counter Terrorism Minister.
- Vicky Pryce - Greek-born British Economist, Business Consultant and author of 'Greekonomics'.
- Douglas Carswell - British politician, UKIP MP for Clacton (2014-17).
- Lieutenant Colonel Tony Shaffer - retired U.S. Army Reserve Lieutenant Colonel.
- Suzanne Evans - English journalist and politician.
- Professor Kate Williams - historian, broadcaster and author.
- Dr Faiza Shaheen - economist, writer, activist and commentator; Director of CLASS.
- Dr Trevor McCrisken - Associate Professor in US Politics and International Studies, PAIS.
- Samira Ahmed - award winning journalist, broadcaster and Visiting Professor at Kingston University.
- Chris White - MP for Warwick and Leamington (2010-2017).
- Jacqui Smith - first female Home Secretary (2007 -2009).
- David Goodhart - prominent figure in public debate in the UK.
- Lord Norman Lamont - former Chancellor of the Exchequer (1990-1993).
- Professor Nigel Thrift - former Vice-Chancellor of The University of Warwick.
- Professor Abhinay Muthoo - Professor of Economics, The University of Warwick.
- Wyn Grant - Chair of PAIS (1990-97), The University of Warwick.
- Dennis Novy - Associate Professor of Economics, The University of Warwick.
- Katy Chakrabortty - Head of Advocacy at Oxfam GB.
- Dharshini David - economist, broadcaster, financial commentator and author.
- Christina Lamb OBE - bestselling author, journalist and foreign correspondent for the Sunday Times.
- Matt Western - Labour MP for Warwick and Leamington Spa.
- Professor Chris Anderson - Professor of Politics and Economics and Director of PPE.
Students' Question Time
Your chance to continue the debate.
We also organise Students' Question Time (SQT), which gives three students from the Department the chance to join the panel to debate some of the topics raised from the main Question Time event in front of their fellow students.