Deputy Director of UG Studies | Director Joint-Degrees Economics
Stefania is currently working in various research projects on Economic Education including how students engage with resources and how these resources contribute to their performance in assessments. She is also editor for "Teaching Macroeconomics: A Modern and Inclusive Approach" as part of the Elgar Guides to Teaching, to be published in 2022.
Stefania is Diversity Champion for the Royal Economic Society. In this role, Stefania will help to embed diversity into the RES decision-making process, and promote diversity across all the Society's activities. Stefania is a member of the Executive Committee and a trustee of the RES.
As Senior Associate and member of the Exec Board of the Economics Network, Stefania works on training and professional development of Economics Educators in Higher Education and she contributes to the GTA/Early Career Lecturers training courses.
At Warwick, Stefania is leading on the "Women at Warwick" Project in collaboration with other colleagues and students from across the university. This is a three-year project with the aim to make Warwick one of the most inclusive and safe campus for women and non-binary students in the country.
Stefania's PhD thesis investigates into the colonial and non-colonial origins of Latin American institutions and inequality and what causes growth to accelerate and collapse in Latin America.
Stefania is Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Fellow of the Warwick International Higher Education Academy (2017 - 2021) and Associate Fellow of the Warwick Institute of Engagement.
- Economic Growth and Development
- Institutional Economics
- Pedagogical Methods in Economics Education
- Latin America
- Assessments after COVID19. Preliminary Survey Results. September 2020
- Assessments in the Brave New World: A Reflection on 24/48h Assignments. The Economics Network Case Study, September 2020.
- Moving Multiple Choice Test Online: Challenges and Considerations. Reflection prepared for the Economics Network Virtual Symposium, The Economics Network Case Study, October 2020.
- "Economics for All: 7 Action Points to Make Economics More Inclusive", September 2020.
A report written after the "Women in Economics: Student Workshop" with various students participating at the event on what Departments of Economics can do to start the change.
- "Assessment in the Time of Pandemic: A Panic-Free Guide" (with Tim Burnett), Economics Network case study, June 2020
- Diversity Champion Royal Economic Society
- Executive Board Member Royal Economic Society
- Executive Board Member Economics Network
- Academic Champion Discover Economics
- External Examiner UCL BSc Economics
- External Examiner Leeds BSc Economics
Anti-Racist Pedagogy Teaching Forum, various dates 2020-2021
This is part of the Anti-Racist Pedagogy and Process in HE WIHEA Learning Circle
Economics Network Virtual Symposium. June and September 2020
"Women in Economics: Students' Workshop". January 2020 (sponsored by the RES and Warwick Innovation Fund
- EC108 Macroeconomics I (Module leader)
- EC230 Economics of Money and Banking (Module leader)
- EC339 Applied Macroeconomics (Module leader)
- EC331 Research in Applied Economics (Project Supervisor)
- MSc Dissertation supervision
RAE Topics (Final Year Research Project) and MSc DissertationsThese are topics I am particularly keen to supervise based on my past and current research interests. You are welcome to come during my office hours to talk about your research interests on any of these topics before choosing your RAE group (or get assigned an MSc supervisor).
- Human Rights and Macroeconomics
- Natural Resource Curse/Dutch disease
- The relationship between institutions and inequality (preferred focus: Latin America)
- Historical evolution of institutions
- The Effects of 'Fair Trade' Policies on Producer Communities
- Female engagement with Economics
Other Departmental/University Responsibilities:
- Deputy Director UG Studies Economics
- Course Director EPAIS (Chair EPAIS Management Committee)
- Director Joint Degrees Economics
- Co-organiser #EconTEAching chats (joint with CTaLE, UCL)
- Member UG Management Committee
- Member Students' Progression Working group
- Member of the Faculty of Social Sciences Education Committee
- Member of IATL Education Committee
- Member of the University Disciplinary Committee