Telephone: +44 (0)24 761 50045
Email: S dot Paredes-Fuentes at warwick dot ac dot uk
Personal website: www.stefania-paredes.eu
Advice and feedback hours:
Mondays 10:30-11:30 & 13:30-14:30
Associate Professor | Deputy Director of UG Studies Economics
Deputy Chair Faculty Social Sciences Education Committee
Stefania is currently working in various research projects on Economic Education including how students engage with resources and how these resources contribute to their performance in assessments. She is also editor for "Teaching Macroeconomics: A Modern and Inclusive Approach" as part of the Elgar Guides to Teaching, to be published in 2022.
Stefania is Diversity Champion for the Royal Economic Society. In this role, Stefania will help to embed diversity into the RES decision-making process, and promote diversity across all the Society's activities. Stefania is a member of the Executive Committee and a trustee of the RES.
As Senior Associate and member of the Exec Board of the Economics Network, Stefania works on training and professional development of Economics Educators in Higher Education and she contributes to the GTA/Early Career Lecturers training courses.
Her current research looks at how to create more inclusive teaching environments at university. The most recent project aims to understand whether the changes in assessments introduced after COVID19 can help us to engage with more inclusive pedagogical practices. Other projects look at how students engage with different teaching resources and how this engagement affects their attainment, and how assessment design affects awarding gaps among different demographic groups. She gives regular talks on these topics, you can find the more recent talks here.
At Warwick, she co-facilitates the Anti-Racist Teaching Pedagogy Forum, and chairs the sub-group on "Decolonising Social Sciences" as part of the Faculty of Social Sciences' Education Committee. Stefania is Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Fellow of the Warwick International Higher Education Academy (2017 - 2021) and Associate Fellow of the Warwick Institute of Engagement.
- Economic Growth and Development
- Institutional Economics
- Pedagogical Methods in Economics Education
- Latin America
- How can we promote diversity in Economics? The Economics Observatory. July 2021
- Unit 9 "The labour market: Wages, profits, and unemployment" The Economy, CORE-Econ Project. Guide to Online and Blended Teaching and Learning (needs instructor access). June 2021
- Nuovi Modelli di Sviluppo? Non più senza guardare alle Disuguaglianze, Rivista "in Europa", n. 1/2021 (in Italian)
- Assessments after COVID19. Preliminary Survey Results. September 2020
- Assessments in the Brave New World: A Reflection on 24/48h Assignments. The Economics Network Case Study, September 2020.
- Moving Multiple Choice Test Online: Challenges and Considerations. Reflection prepared for the Economics Network Virtual Symposium, The Economics Network Case Study, October 2020.
- "Economics for All: 7 Action Points to Make Economics More Inclusive", September 2020.
A report from the "Women in Economics: Student Workshop" with various students participating at the event on what Departments of Economics can do to start the change.
- "Assessment in the Time of Pandemic: A Panic-Free Guide" (with Tim Burnett), Economics Network case study, June 2020
Workshop "Exploring a PhD in Economics". A collaboration between the Royal Economic Society and The Black Economists Network, June 2021.
Workshop on Everyday Excellence in an Extraordinary Year, WIHEA Teaching Recognition and Reward Learning Circle, 24th May 2021
Anti-Racist Pedagogy Teaching Forum, various dates 2020-2021
This is part of the Anti-Racist Pedagogy and Process in HE WIHEA Learning Circle
Economics Network Virtual Symposium. June and September 2020
"Women in Economics: Students' Workshop". January 2020 (sponsored by the RES and Warwick Innovation Fund
- Diversity Champion Royal Economic Society
- Executive Board Member Royal Economic Society
- Executive Board Member Economics Network
- Academic Champion Discover Economics
- Co-organiser #EconTEAching chats (joint with CTaLE, UCL)
- External Examiner UCL BSc Economics
- External Examiner Leeds BSc Economics
- EC108 Macroeconomics I (Module leader)
- EC230 Economics of Money and Banking (Module leader)
- EC339 Applied Macroeconomics (Module leader)
- EC331 Research in Applied Economics (Project Supervisor)
- MSc Dissertation supervision
- Deputy Chair Faculty of Social Sciences' Education Committee
- Chair of the Decolonising Social Sciences Sub-Group (FSS)
- Chair FYBOE Faculty of Social Sciences
- Co-organiser of the Anti-Racist Teaching Pedagogy Forum at Warwick
- Deputy Director UG Studies Economics
- Member Economics Students' Progression Working group
- Member Economics Well-being, Equality and Diversity Group
- Member of the University Disciplinary Committee
- WIHEA Fellow
- Warwick Institute of Engagement Associate Fellow