Telephone: +44 (0)24 761 50045
Email: S dot Paredes-Fuentes at warwick dot ac dot uk
Advice and feedback hours:
Term 3: Wednesdays 11.00-12.00 & 16.00-17.00
Deputy Director of UG Studies | Joint-Degrees Director for Economics
Stefania joined the Department in August 2015. Stefania is Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Fellow of the Warwick International Higher Education Academy (2017 - 2020), and Senior Associate and member of the Exec Board of the Economics Network.
Stefania is currently working in various research projects on Economic Education including how students engage with resources and how these resources contribute to their performance in assessments. She is also editor for "Teaching Macroeconomics: A Modern and Inclusive Approach" as part of the Elgar Guides to Teaching, to be published in 2022.
Stefania's PhD thesis investigates into the colonial and non-colonial origins of Latin American institutions and inequality and what causes growth to accelerate and collapse in Latin America.
- Economic Growth and Development
- Institutional Economics
- Pedagogical Methods in teaching Economics
- Political Economy in Latin America
"Assessment in the Time of Pandemic: A Panic-Free Guide" (with Tim Burnett, 2020).
Economics Network Virtual Symposium. June and September 2020
"Women in Economics: Students' Workshop". January 2020 (sponsored by the RES and Warwick Innovation Fund
- EC108 Macroeconomics I
- EC230 Economics of Money and Banking
- EC339 Applied Macroeconomics
- EC331 Research in Applied Economics (Project Supervisor)
RAE Topics (Final Year Research Project) and MSc DissertationsThese are topics I am particularly keen to supervise based on my past and current research interests. You are welcome to come during my office hours to talk about your research interests on any of these topics before choosing your RAE group (or get assigned an MSc supervisor).
- Human Rights and Macroeconomics
- Natural Resource Curse/Dutch disease
- The relationship between institutions and inequality (preferred focus: Latin America)
- Historical evolution of institutions
- The Effects of 'Fair Trade' Policies on Producer Communities
- Female engagement with Economics
Other Departmental Responsibilities:
- Deputy Director UG Studies
- Course Director EPAIS
Chair EPAIS Management Committee
- Joint Degrees Academic Director
- Teaching & Learning Seminar Series Organiser
- Member of UMC
- Member of SSLC
- Member of Students' Progression Working group