I am interested in developing a better understanding of group decisions in the presence of communication, both theoretically and experimentally. I have also done research on voting power and tax progression. I received my Ph.D. in Social Science from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in June 2015.
- Political economy
- Game theory
- Mechanism design
Work in progress
- Correlated Quantal Response Equilibrium, w/Thomas R. Palfrey
- A Theory of Electoral Fraud and Voter Turnout, w/Kota Saito and Euncheol Shin
- News We Like to Share: How News Sharing on Social Networks Influences Voting Outcomes, w/Matthew Shum, 2017. Last updated: 8/13/2019. [pdf]. Revision requested, Economic Journal
- Skewness, Tax Progression, and Demand for Redistribution: Evidence from the UK, w/Stefan Traub, 2017. Last updated: 2/1/2018. [pdf]
- Tax Progression in OECD Countries: an Integrative Analysis of Tax Schedules and Income Distributions, with Christian Seidl and Stefan Traub, Springer-Verlag: Heidelberg, 2013. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-28317-8. Available on Amazon.
- Correlated Equilibria in Voter Turnout Games. [pdf]. Provisionally accepted, Games and Economic Behavior
- Testing the Quantal Response Hypothesis, w/Emerson Melo and Matthew Shum. [pdf]. International Economic Review, 2019, 60(1): 53-74
- Communication Among Voters Benefits the Majority Party, w/Thomas R. Palfrey. [pdf]. Economic Journal, 2019, 129(618): 961-990
- Call Market Experiments: Efficiency and Price Discovery Through Multiple Calls and Emergent Newton Adjustments, w/Charles R. Plott. [pdf]. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 2017, 9(4): 1-41
- Actual voting power of the IMF members based on their political-economic integration, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Valery Kalyagin, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 2008, 48: 1554-1569
Refereed articles in Russian
- Methods for measuring voting power: a survey, Control sciences, 2011, 5:2-13
- Cost efficiency and shareholder voting power in Russian banking, w/Fuad Aleskerov, Veronika Belousova, Irina Ivashkovskaya, Anastasia Stepanova, Upravlenie v kreditnoi organizatsii, 2010, 2(54): 49-64 and 3(55): 30-38
- Voting power with preferences: an experimental investigation, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Alexis Belianin, Psychology. The Journal of the Higher School of Economics, 2009, 6(2): 97-124
- Power distribution analysis in the International Monetary Fund, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Valery Kalyagin, Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, 2008, 11:140-148
- Power and Preferences: an Experimental Approach, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Alexis Belianin, 2010.
- Implications of the Quota & Voice Reform of the IMF: the Aspect of Power, 2010.
- Distribution of Power within the IMF: When does Preference Mean Voice?, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Valery Kalyagin, 2010.