Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 28248
Email: K dot Pogorelskiy at warwick dot ac dot uk
Kirill received his Ph.D. in Social Science from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in June 2015. His current work is at the intersection of economics and political science, with the general goal of developing a better understanding of group decisions in the presence of communication. He has also done research on voting power and tax progression.
- Political economy
- Game theory
- Mechanism design
- Ec228: Collective Decisions, Term 1
Select work in progress
- Correlated Quantal Response Equilibrium, w/Thomas R. Palfrey
- A Theory of Electoral Fraud and Voter Turnout, w/Kota Saito and Euncheol Shin
- News We Like to Share: How News Sharing on Social Networks Influences Voting Outcomes, w/Matthew Shum, 2017. Last updated: 4/11/2018. [pdf]
- Skewness, Tax Progression, and Demand for Redistribution: Evidence from the UK, w/Stefan Traub, 2017. Last updated: 2/1/2018. [pdf]
- Tax Progression in OECD Countries: an Integrative Analysis of Tax Schedules and Income Distributions, with Christian Seidl and Stefan Traub, Springer-Verlag: Heidelberg, 2013. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-28317-8. Available on Amazon.
- Correlated Equilibria in Voter Turnout Games. [pdf]. Provisionally accepted, Games and Economic Behavior
- Testing the Quantal Response Hypothesis, w/Emerson Melo and Matthew Shum. [pdf]. Forthcoming, International Economic Review
- Communication Among Voters Benefits the Majority Party, w/Thomas R. Palfrey. [pdf]. Forthcoming, Economic Journal
- Call Market Experiments: Efficiency and Price Discovery Through Multiple Calls and Emergent Newton Adjustments, w/Charles R. Plott. [pdf]. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 2017, 9(4): 1-41
- Actual voting power of the IMF members based on their political-economic integration, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Valery Kalyagin, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 2008, 48: 1554-1569
Refereed articles in Russian
- Methods for measuring voting power: a survey, Control sciences, 2011, 5:2-13
- Cost efficiency and shareholder voting power in Russian banking, w/Fuad Aleskerov, Veronika Belousova, Irina Ivashkovskaya, Anastasia Stepanova, Upravlenie v kreditnoi organizatsii, 2010, 2(54): 49-64 and 3(55): 30-38
- Voting power with preferences: an experimental investigation, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Alexis Belianin, Psychology. The Journal of the Higher School of Economics, 2009, 6(2): 97-124
- Power distribution analysis in the International Monetary Fund, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Valery Kalyagin, Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, 2008, 11:140-148
- Power and Preferences: an Experimental Approach, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Alexis Belianin, 2010.
- Implications of the Quota & Voice Reform of the IMF: the Aspect of Power, 2010.
- Distribution of Power within the IMF: When does Preference Mean Voice?, w/Fuad Aleskerov and Valery Kalyagin, 2010.