To provide front line hardware and software support to all staff and students on deskside related IT issues and to ensure that all departmental equipment is maintained to a high standard.
- Primary contact for deskside related IT queries including loan equipment, managing and prioritising these in the IT Helpdesk.
- Providing specialist hardware support diagnosing hardware failure and planning repair.
- Assisting in the assessment of potential IT requirements from project work in conjunction with relevant working groups.
- Purchasing of computer hardware, configuration and installation of new equipment and maintenance of the Department’s asset register.
- Ensuring the departments open access IT facilities are in good operational order and seeking suggestions and opinions from their end-users.