For any enquiry related to PO131, please use my staff email: email@example.com
Advice & feedback hours
Thursdays 15.30-16.30 (D2.09 & Online)
Fridays 10.30-11.30 (D2.09 & Online)
Recipient of the Chancellor's International Scholarship from the Doctoral College of the University of Warwick, I am a PhD candidate in Politics and International Studies. I'm supervised by Professor Chris Hughes and Doctor Chris Browning.
I hold a BA with Honours in East Asian Languages, Markets and Cultures from the University of Bologna (2017) and a MA with Honours in International Relations, also from the University of Bologna (2019).
My research project looks at the tension between the Japanese conservatives' pursuit of 'normalisation' of security policy and their discursive construction of Japan's remilitarisation as an effort to 'proactively contribute to international peace' and promote 'values-based diplomacy' and a 'rules-based international order'. I look at this through an ontological security perspective, which is informed by literature on status-seeking, nation branding and a Lacanian understanding of fantasy. In general, I'm interested in critical security studies and post-structuralism, particularly in the work of Jacques Derrida.
In 2022/2023, I am Senior Graduate Teaching Assistant for PO131: World Politics
Awards and scholarships
- Chancellor’s International Scholarship (Doctoral College, University of Warwick, 2021-2025)
- Merit Award for Deserving Student (University of Bologna, years 2019, 2017 and 2015)
La nuova era di Xi Jinping. Assertività e contraddizioni della politica estera cinese. (Edifir - Edizioni Firenze, 2022). With Lorenza Scaldaferri.
Outside academia, I am Chief-Editor of the Asia Pacific Editorial Board of Lo Spiegone an online news outlet dealing with international politics and have contributed to AffarInternazionali, the online news outlet of Istituto Affari Internazionali, a leading Italian think-tank in international politics.
- Social Events Coordinator for the East Asia Study Group (EASG) (2023-ongoing)
- Co-convener of the Critical International and Political Studies (CRIPS) Working GroupLink opens in a new window for 2022
- Panel member of the January 2022 MA Thesis Review PanelLink opens in a new window organised by the East Asia Study Group (EASG)Link opens in a new window
- Feedback on MA Thesis projects about Japan's security policy and East Asian regional order