Office hours for term 1 2018-2019: Monday 14:00-16:00
Mathematics and Philosophy Degree:
Upcoming and recent talks:
- Incompleteness via paradox and completeness (forthcoming in the Review of Symbolic Logic)
- Recursive functions (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Computational complexity theory and the philosophy of mathematics (submitted to Philosophia Mathematica)
- "Strict finitism, feasibility, and the Sorites", Review of Symbolic Logic
- "The Prehistory of the Subsystems of Second-Order Arithmetic" (with Sean Walsh), Review of Symbolic Logic.
- "Bernays and the completeness theorem", Annals of the Japan Association for Philosophy of Science.
- "Algorithms and the mathematical foundations of computer science", in The Limits of Mathematical Knowledge, L. Horsten and P. Welch (eds.). Oxford University Press, 2016.
- "Squeezing feasibility", in Pursuit of the Universal: 12th Conference on Computability in Europe, CiE 2016, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp 78-88.
- "Computational Complexity Theory", Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- "Kreisel’s Theory of Constructions, the Kreisel-Goodman paradox, and the second clause" (with Hidenori Kurokawa), Advances in proof theoretic semantics, T. Piecha and P. Schroeder-Heister (eds.), Springer Trends in Logic.
- "Arithmetical reflection and the provability of soundness", Philosophia Mathematica.
- "Explicit modal logic, informal provability and Montague's Paradox", Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic, 55 (2), 2014.
- "Models and computability", Philosophia Mathematica.
- "The paradox of the Knower revisited" (with Hidenori Kurokawa), Annals of Pure and Applied Logic.
- "From the Knowability Paradox to the existence of proofs" (with Hidenori Kurokawa), Synthese, 176:177–225.
- "Knowledge, proof and the Knower" (with Hidenori Kurokawa), Proceedings of the 12th Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge (Stanford), p. 81-90.
- “Algorithms and Ontology” Proceedings of the Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, Kirchberg am Wechsel, Austria.
- “The Knower Paradox and the Quantified Logic of Proofs” (with Hidenori Kurokawa), Proceedings of the Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, Kirchberg am Wechsel, Austria.
- “On Moschovakis’s theory of algorithmic identity”, Proceedings of the 7th Panhellenic Logic Symposium, Volos, Greece.