COVID-19 has had a direct effect on our food system and the impacts have been felt by all. This page will be profiling reflections and stories from colleagues at Warwick and elsewhere.
- Catherine Price (a Warwick alumnus) writes in Discover Society about the UK Food System in the time of COVID-19.
- Feeding the nation - vegetables and salads. Some of the challenges facing the UK fresh produce industry this year and how Warwick is supporting them through the AHDB Pest Bulletin.
RSA, Food, Farming and Countryside Commission - The Road to Renewal. In response to Covid-19, the RSA, Food, Farming and Countryside Commission (RSA - FFCC) are setting up a project – The Road to Renewal – which will gather and curate the stories of innovation, adaption and resilience from people and communities across the UK, so that they can be taken into account in debates and discussions post-crisis. More details about how you can contribute here.
- Rising to the Covid-19 Crisis at Shillingford Organics - An interview with Martyn Bragg, the owner/ farmer
by Becca McGowan, PhD student, School of Life Sciences, Warwick Crop Centre.
- Interview with Fatma - The Founder of Shillingford Organics Farm School - including the impacts of Covid-19 by Becca McGowan, PhD student, School of Life Sciences, Warwick Crop Centre
- "A living, open-access map of experiences, perspectives, opportunities and questions from researchers around the world about the impact of COVID-19 and other health emergencies on food systems, agriculture and nutrition. Developed by the Agriculture, Nutrition and Health (ANH) Academy and its members. Please share your experience based on where you live or where your research/practice is."
Commentaries on the impacts of COVID-19 on the Food System
RSA Food, Farming & Countryside Commission Call out: Are you collecting data, commissioning polling or planning other research on household, community and small business responses to the pandemic in the UK or other countries?