The shared bathrooms in our halls vary, however:
- Shared bathrooms are cleaned everyday Monday-Friday.
- All toilets, shower rooms and bathrooms are fully enclosed separate units which are lockable and so you have privacy.
- All units have separate space aside from the actual shower or bath, so you will be able to undress and dry yourself in this area.
- Most baths in Westwood, Cryfield, Rootes, Whitefields and Claycroft have a detachable shower overhead.
- There are hooks in the bath and shower rooms for your clothes and towels and some units have towel rails too.
- If you live in a corridor style hall and your nearest bathroom is occupied, then you can go along the corridor to the next one. You are not restricted to using only your nearest bathrooms.
- If you are in a flat then the number of people using the bathroom is restricted to those within the flat. You will probably all have different routines and therefore the pressure on the bathroom won’t be at the same time.
- Most bedrooms in Westwood, Cryfield and Rootes have a washbasin in them.
- Liquid soap and toliet rolls are provided. Mirrors and shaving sockets are provided in most areas.
Student tips on sharing a bathroom
- Keep all of your shower stuff in a basket to take to and from the bathroom.
- Flip flops and a robe are handy for getting to and from the shower or bath.
- Toilet rolls are provided but it is always useful to have a spare.
- You may want to bring a bathmat as floors can get slippery.
- "The bathrooms are cleaned often so they are always in a good condition" Helen, Cryfield.
- "I have never had to queue to use the bathroom as there are three in my block and I can use any" Anjula, Rootes.
- "I had an en suite in my first year and I would never have one again, because I have had no problems in sharing a bathroom" Marisa, Tocil.
- "At first, I was gutted I didn't get en-suite. Looking back now, I don't know why I worried to be honest. It would have been a waste of money and I am now able to spend my money on enjoying university life." Yuan, Westwood
- "It is a great way to meet people as you are not stuck in your room all the time. I often end up having 10/20 minute conversations on my way to/from the bathroom/kitchen." Naomi, Tocil.
Please be advised that some contracts start on a Sunday, but to ease comparison of the fees across halls, we have rounded up all the weekly let lengths to the nearest week.
All images used are for illustrative purposes only. Images are indicative of the style of the specification and may not wholly represent the actual fittings and furnishings in a particular hall or room.
We will do all that we reasonably can to provide services as described on our website and in our marketing materials. However, please be advised that some services may be affected due to the Government’s on-going advice on Covid-19, regulatory/legal changes or due to reasons beyond our reasonable control. We will endeavour to inform of you of any changes, where possible.
The specifications of halls/rooms is correct at the date of publication but may be subject to change as necessary. During the year there will be building works across campus. This may affect some halls but we will do all that we reasonably can to keep noise, disruption and inconvenience to a minimum.