Student Parcels - Ordering items before you arrive on campus
If you will be living on campus and need to order essential items before you arrive, this page describes the process that you should follow. Please read this information carefully to ensure that your items reach you as efficiently as possible.
What address should I use?
Please check the Post Room 'My AddressLink opens in a new window' page to see the address that you should use. This will either show you an 'Early Arrival Student' address, or it may show your full address depending on your individual circumstances. If no details are showing please contact usLink opens in a new window.
- Once you have arrived on campus, please check the 'My AddressLink opens in a new window' page again and use the address shown on any future orders. You should only use the 'Early Arrival Student' address on items that you are ordering before you arrive on campus. Using it after this may result in delays to receiving your items, or in items being returned to sender.
- Please only order items to arrive on campus a maximum of two weeks before you expect to arrive. We only have limited storage space and may have to return any items received earlier to their original sender.
- Please ensure that your University ID number is clearly included within your address. If it is not included we will not be able to link the parcel to you on our systems and will have to return the item to sender. If you are not able to add your University ID number in one of the address fields, add it to the end of your name or family name when inputting your address wherever you are ordering from.
What happens when my parcel arrives on campus?
All incoming post and parcels are received at our central sorting office. There, all parcels (and any postal items that are sent with a tracked delivery method) are logged into our online postal system. You can check to see if any items have been received for you on the 'My DeliveriesLink opens in a new window' page.
From our central sorting office, parcels are sent to one of four postal hubs located closer to your residence. When your parcel arrives at one of the hubs and is ready to collect you will receive a notification of this by email.
- Please don't attempt to collect your parcel before you have received this notification as it will not be ready.
- You will only be able to receive these notification emails after you have completed your online enrollment as they will be sent to your University email address.
If we don't know your address when your parcel arrives at the sorting office, it will be held there until your address has been confirmed, as long as you have signed your campus accommodation contract. We will send it on to the correct hub when your address details are confirmed.
Further details about the location of our parcel hubs can be found on our websiteLink opens in a new window.
What happens if I have a problem?
Please contact usLink opens in a new window and we will do our best to resolve the issue. Please note that at busy times of year there may be delay in replying to queries.