Undergraduate Studies Committee of the Board of the Faculty of Social Sciences (Disestablished)
In July 2017, following the 2016/2017 Academic Governance Review, the University Senate and Council approved the merger of the Board of the Faculty of Social Sciences' Undergraduate Studies Committee and Graduate Studies Committee to establish a Faculty of Education Committee (Social Sciences). This page remains live to provide an archive.
Terms of Reference
Ms Elizabeth Jones
One member from each of the teaching departments within the Faculty:
Ms Tilly Harrison (Centre for Applied Linguistics)
Dr Juliet Raynsford (Centre for Education Studies)
Dr Sarah Cousins (Centre for Lifelong Learning)
Mr Will Haywood (Centre for Professional Education)
Dr Stefania Paredes Fuentes (Economics)
Dr Guy Longworth (Philosophy)
Dr Chris Rogers (Politics and International Studies)
Dr Christopher Bisping (School of Law)
Dr Goldie Osuri (Sociology)
Professor John Rudd (Warwick Business School)
Ms Samantha Cook (Warwick Foundation Studies)
Dr Florian Reiche (Warwick Q-Step)
Ms Omowonuola Bonojo
1) To undertake audits of undergraduate module approval processes within academic departments of the Faculty.
2) To consider and recommend to the Board of Undergraduate Studies, on behalf of the Faculty Board, new undergraduate courses in the Faculty.
3) To advise and make recommendations to the Board on matters concerning undergraduate teaching and assessment in the Faculty.
4) To consider matters referred to it by the Board.
5) To act with suitably augmented membership as the First Year Board of Examiners in the Faculty as appropriate.
The Undergraduate Studies Committee reports to the Board of the Faculty of Social Sciences
Click here to see a diagrammatic representation of the Committee Structure.
Secretary: Martin Mik, Assistant Registrar (Teaching and Learning)
(m dot mik at warwick dot ac dot uk or ext: 51698)
Assistant Secretary: Madeleine Langeveld, Teaching and Learning Manager (WMG)
(ufss at warwick dot ac dot uk) or ext: 50747)
NB papers for the Undergraduate Studies Committee should be submitted to the Assistant Secretary THREE weeks in advance of the meeting at which they are to be considered.
Dates of meetings of the Undergraduate Studies Committee of the Board of the Faculty of Social Sciences can be found within the University Committee Timetable.
Click here to access minutes of previous meetings.