Professor Jo Collingwood, Engineering (Chair)
Dr Teresa Grant, English (Deputy Chair)
Lorraine Martin (Secretary), Social Inclusion
Dr Gavin Bell, Physics
Professor Johannes Boltze, Life Sciences
Will Brewer, Students' Union Representative (full-time Officer)
Naomi Carter, Students' Union Representative (Women's Officer)
Dr Shaheen Charlwood, WMG
Manus Conaghan, Organisational Development
Jo Davies, WBS
Dr Ann Dixon, Chemistry
Tiana Holgate, Student Resolution
Andy Johnson, Social Inclusion
Helen Knee, Director of Student Discipline and Resolution
Professor Georgia Kremmyda, Engineering
Dr Pontso Moorosi, CES
Dr Sharifah Sekalala, Law
Professor Kate Seers, WMS (Institutional Athena SAT Lead)
Dr Charikleia Tzanakou, PAIS
The Gender Taskforce will champion and oversee the advancement, implementation and further development of gender equality at institutional level in line with the Gender Statement of Intent catalysed by the Women in Academia Workshops. The work of the Taskforce will not be limited to binary classifications.
The Gender Taskforce will be responsible for:
1. Developing a gender strategy and to take a multi-faceted approach to implementation, being mindful of existing initiatives in the University, including Athena Swan.
2. Research role within the GTF to look at activities in the Athena work and more broadly Gender Equality at Warwick.
3. Monitoring and reviewing gender data to identify areas of concern where action may be required to enhance gender equality and the working environment.
4. Consideration of issues of strategic relevance, plan how best to address issues of concern and how best to optimise and disseminate current good practice.
5. Support the achievement of the University’s equality objectives, by raising awareness of gender equality and acting as a body of expertise on gender issues.
6. Regular reports to the Social Inclusion Committee, the Senior Executive Committee and other strategic University Committees on the work of the Gender Taskforce.
7. Gender Taskforce to produce public facing summary report following termly Social Inclusion Committee Meetings.
8. Chair ship to be held for three years, with the ability to renew once.
The Gender Taskforce reports to the Social Inclusion Committee.
If you have any items that you would like to be raised at a Gender Taskforce meeting, or are working on an initiative that might support the goals of the Taskforce, please complete this short form to contact the Gender Taskforce. By completing this form you can remain anonymous or provide your contact details if you wish to discuss this further with the Chair, Jo Collingwood.
If you would like more information about the Gender Task Force and can't find what you need here, contact the Chair, Jo Collingwood, on J.F.Collingwood@warwick.ac.uk or the Secretary, Lorraine Martin, on Lorraine.Martin@warwick.ac.uk.
The Gender Taskforce meets twice a term.