Terms of Reference
Professor Jo Collingwood, Engineering (Chair)
Dr Teresa Grant, English (Deputy Chair)
Lorraine Martin (Secretary), Social Inclusion
Sarah Bennett, Deputy Programme Manager, WBS
Dr Freeha Azmat, WMG
Professor Johannes Boltze, Life Sciences
Dr Shaheen Charlwood, WMG
Jane Coleman, WMG
Manus Conaghan, Organisational Development
Jo Davies, WBS
Dr Deborah Dean, WBS
Sam Grierson, Warwick Foundation Studies
Lisa Hayes, HR Officer, Economics
Marie Kettell, Warwick Accommodation
Catherine McStay, Head of Compliance and Assurance
Dr Pontso Moorosi, CES
Dr Naomi Pullin, History
Dr Thomas Ritchie, Chemistry
Dr Sharifah Sekalala, Law
Cathy Smith, Trusts and Foundations
Denver Thorpe, Staff Wellbeing Co-ordinator
Dr Charikleia Tzanakou, PAIS (Honorary member)
Athena Swan representation:
Professor Kate Seers, WMS (Institutional Athena SAT Lead), & Professor Georgia Kremmyda, Engineering (Deputy Athena SAT Lead)
Sam Parr, Rainbow TF Representative
Social Inclusion representation:
Andy Johnson, Social Inclusion - Gender
Will Brewer, Students' Union Representative (full-time Officer), & Enaya Nihal, Students' Union Representative (Women's Officer)
Student resolution representation:
Helen Knee, Director of Student Discipline and Resolution, & Jemma Ansell, Student Resolution
Terms of Reference
The Gender Taskforce will champion and oversee the advancement, implementation and further development of gender equality at institutional level in line with the Gender Statement of Intent catalysed by the Women in Academia Workshops. The work of the Taskforce will not be limited to binary classifications.
The Gender Taskforce will be responsible for:
1. Developing a gender strategy and to take a multi-faceted approach to implementation, being mindful of existing initiatives in the University, including Athena Swan.
2. Research role within the GTF to look at activities in the Athena work and more broadly Gender Equality at Warwick.
3. Monitoring and reviewing gender data to identify areas of concern where action may be required to enhance gender equality and the working environment.
4. Consideration of issues of strategic and operational relevance, plan how best to address issues of concern and how best to optimise and disseminate current good practice.
5. Support the achievement of the University’s equality objectives, by raising awareness of gender equality and acting as a body of expertise on gender issues.
6. Regular reports to the Social Inclusion Committee, the Senior Executive Committee and other strategic University Committees on the work of the Gender Taskforce.
7. Gender Taskforce to produce public facing summary report following termly Social Inclusion Committee Meetings.
8. Chair ship to be held for three years, with the ability to renew once.
9. To engage with other taskforces which will enable to improve understanding around intersectional procedures.
The Gender Taskforce reports to the Social Inclusion Committee.
Secretary: Lorraine Martin (Lorraine.Martin@warwick.ac.uk)
If you have any items that you would like to be raised at a Gender Taskforce meeting, or are working on an initiative that might support the goals of the Taskforce, please complete this short form to contact the Gender Taskforce. By completing this form you can remain anonymous or provide your contact details if you wish to discuss this further with the Chair, Jo Collingwood.
If you would like more information about the Gender Task Force and can't find what you need here, contact the Chair, Jo Collingwood, on J.F.Collingwood@warwick.ac.uk or the Secretary, Lorraine Martin, on Lorraine.Martin@warwick.ac.uk.
The Gender Taskforce meets twice a term.