Skip to main content Skip to navigation



Bank Account change

Please update your bank details in Success Factors to change the account into which you wish your salary to be paid.


Childcare Vouchers

The Computershare Voucher scheme for childcare vouchers scheme has now closed to new entrants. If you have left the scheme and have vouchers you will be unable ever to use, you may request a refund form from Computershare which should be completed and sent to Sally Hicks.

Cut-off dates

HR & Payroll cut-off dates


The University, via Cyclescheme, can purchase bicycles for employees seeking to commute to work by bike, on the agreement that the employee then repays the cost over a 12-month period from their gross pay which will produce tax and national insurance savings.


Exchange Rates

Standard monthly $ and € exchange rates are used on SAP.

Expenses Claim Form

Staff should claim expenses via Concur. Non-staff should claim using either a downloadable excel version of FP16a or a pdf version of FP16a.




Payroll : Variable payroll, Salaries payroll, Unitemps payroll

Individuals not on a payroll


Give As You Earn

You can opt to have GAYE deductions from your pay


Interview expenses

Candidates can claim interview expenses on form FP16f


Mileage Allowances

Mileage allowances may be claimed when travelling on University business


National Insurance

Applying for an NI number

Employer NI rates

General information re employee's NI contributions can be found within guidance re take-home pay and guidance re your payslip


Payslip messages

See FAQs for details on requesting a payslip message

Per diems

Foreign subsistence may be reimbursed on a per diem basis, provided the place you are visiting is on the published list.


Removal/Relocation costs

Full details can be found on the removal page


Salary Costs

Current salary costs (including employer's NI & pension contributions)

Salary Scales

Current salary scales


Full details re the conditions that must be satisfied before paying anyone on a self-employed basis.

Subsistence Allowances

The actual costs of subsistence (up to certain maxima) may be claimed when travelling on University business.


Take-home pay

General guidance re take-home pay compared to your gross pay.

Tax Office

The University's tax reference is 190/U50. Other tax office details are on our homepage.


Union deductions

You may opt to have Trade Union membership fees deducted from your pay