The Learning Design Consultancy Unit is here to support you with designing and adapting teaching and learning for online and blended delivery. Explore the guidance and support available and please get in touch if you have any queries.
We are a small core team of colleagues from the Academic Development Centre, Academic Technology and across the University. We can provide support around online/blended teaching and learning through consultations, webinars, events, and communities of practice.
LDCU will provide a coordinated and responsive support mechanism focussed on the pedagogical and practical considerations for delivering online and blended learning activities.
The Unit will co-design approaches, provide advice, plan a package of support and commission further how-to guidance and recipes.
- Working in partnership with academic departments to design and develop pedagogical and practical strategies for teaching and learning
- Planning and designing bespoke support packages to aid the development and implementation of new teaching practices
- Delivering workshops, clinics/drop-ins and community of practice events to give practical support and peer to peer conversations
- Creating discipline and topic-based resources
- Developing a sustainable model of working by utilising specialists from within the University community
- Designing opportunities and delivering events to build a community of practice around the use of technology to enhance and support teaching and learning.
LDCU will facilitate discussions around the pedagogic and practical co-design of online and blended learning and will signpost to further resources and support that could assist departments in their development of content and resources.