Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Web Sign On

Web Sign On OAuth Errors

You need to be logged in to post in this topic.
  1. Hey, I'm currently trying to make my web app authenticate using OAuth. I have had some limited sucess, but at the moment I keep running into a 401 error when trying to get an access token. After authenticating a token, and the user is redirected back to my app, I attempt to convert the request token to an access token at get the following: 'status': '401', 'date': 'Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:13:46 GMT', 'content-type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded;charset=UTF-8', 'www-authenticate': 'OAuth realm="https%3A%2F%2Fwebsignon.warwick.ac.uk%2F", oauth_problem="token_rejected"' I have only included the relevant information but could someone shed light on whattoken_rejected means. Your documentation says that I should get a plain 400 error if its a badly formatted request, and I get a different

2. Hi Thomas, token_rejected is sent back if (and only if) it can't find an entry for the token ID you've sent in the database; are you sure that the token you're sending matches the request token you got back initially? Mat

3. Thanks Matt. I have done some more diging. It turns out the library I'm using is trying to request an access token twice, and failing on the second attempt. Now I just need to figure out why it tries twice... Thomas

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Forum followers

Follower data is not currently available.

Search results