Group owners can update or edit their groups, either via the 'My groups' or 'My department groups' option.
- Ensure that you are signed in from any SiteBuilder or Forum page.
- Go to the WebGroups site (http://webgroups.warwick.ac.uk).
- Click on 'My groups' or 'My department groups' tab at the top of the page.
- Locate the group name that you wish to change. If you have ownership rights over the group, you will notice that there is an option to edit or delete the group. The 'Edit' and 'Delete' links appear to the right of the group name.
- Click on the edit link.
The edit screen should appear and will look like this:
- Locate the field that you wish to change (you can edit the group name, description, members or owners).
- Enter your changes, or add new group members or owners.
- Click on 'Update group' button at the bottom of the page to update your group.
- You should now see your updated group, via the 'My groups' tab.
Note: changing the name of your group at a later date will require you to update all permissions on SiteBuilder pages, Blogs etc to reflect the new group name.