Certain foods can be especially important for brain health and promoting mental performance. So here’s some easy foods to grab and have with you as you study:
- BERRIES – High in flavonoid compounds called anthocyanins believed to improve mental performance by improving blood flow to the brain and certain signalling pathways. Blueberries are show to be good for memory.
- PUMKIN SEEDS –These are a good source of the healthy fat Omega-3, alongside other vitamins and minerals too. This can all help with reducing blood pressure and improving your sleep, both of which are important for your brain.
- NUTS -Are packed with nutrients that are essential for brain health, including vitamin E and zinc. A great snack to help with stamina as you study.
- DARK CHOCOLATE – Another snack high in flavonoids, linked with increase in memory and reaction times.
Foods for when you back in your accommodation and wanting to cook up dinner, suggestions would be :
- Oily fish – for that source of Omega 3 – for vegetarians you can look to walnuts, rapeseed oil, or soya based products
- Eggs – rich in a range of nutrients
- and of course Red and green vegetables.
Further info on healthy eating and eating for brain function can be gained by visiting: