For Students from outside of the EU/EEA:
I am a student on a Master’s degree and have been given a period of academic extension/ I am a student who is considering or have recently had a course change. Do I need to make a new Tier 4 application and when?
For Students from the EU/EEA:
• I'm a student from the EU/EEA, do I need Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI)?
Yes, it is a requirement that EU/EEA students and their family members have CSI (unless they are also considered as a 'worker'). We would advise that you read more on the webpage of UKCISA news regarding EEA Students and CSI.
• Where can I find more information about the position of the University of Warwick regarding EU/EEA students?
University of Warwick Information for Students on the UK leaving the EU can be found here: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/aro/ukleavingeu
• Can Immigration Service team help me apply for a residence card?
The Immigration Service team is not currently offering face-to-face appointments for applications of a residence card, however, this service is commercially available by many solicitors' firms. Useful information can be found on various websites:
Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (if you are looking for representation): http://www.ilpa.org.uk/
• Who should I contact in case of an emergency while the University is closed for Christmas?
University Security Services are open 24 hours a day and can be contacted on 024 7652 2083
• Who should I contact for immigration advice while the University is closed for Christmas?
In the event that you require urgent immigration advice over the holiday period, you may wish to contact Coventry Law Centre on 024 7622 3053. Please be aware that the centre may be closed for a short period over the Christmas period. You may also find the UKCISA website helpful.
During the Christmas vacation the University will not receive any completed applications back from the Home Office. If your application is decided over the holiday your documents will be returned in the New Year – we will email you when they are ready to collect.
• I’ve lost my BRP/Passport, what should I do?
We are aware that a number of students have recently lost their BRP cards/had the BRP cards stolen because they carried the BRP card in their wallets. We would encourage all students to be careful with their BRP card and not carry this around on a regular basis whilst in the UK. You should only need to carry your BRP card with you when travelling outside of the UK.
If you believe you have lost your BRP card, please refer to the information on our website for guidance on what steps to take next.
• I am a student on a Master’s degree and have been given a period of academic extension/ I am a student who is considering or have recently had a course change. Do I need to make a new Tier 4 application and when?
Please refer to our website for information about how academic extension/course change affects you, whether you need to apply for a Tier 4 visa, and whether you are eligible to do so from inside the UK.
If you need to extend your visa you will need to request a new CAS from our CAS request pages.
• Where can I get information and help about visa and immigration related matters?
All information on Visa and Immigration matters can be found on our Immigration website.
• Where can I find information about working whilst holding a Tier 4 visa?
For information on working on a Tier 4 visa please see the rights to work wepage.
• Can I re-enter the UK on my Tier 4 visa to attend my graduation ceremony?
We do not recommend that you do so due to the risks involved but you should read further information on our website and make an informed decision (insert link to webpage).
Please read our guidance about Graduation and the best visa option for this: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/international/immigration/current/reentry
• I have obtained a new passport but my visa is in my previous passport. Do I need to transfer it to my new passport?
For guidance on whether you need to and how to transfer your visa to a new passport please see following link: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/international/immigration/current/lostpassportandvisas/
• I am planning to travel to Europe. Where can I find out information about getting a visa to Europe?
For any non-EEA students wanting to travel to Europe, you may need a Schengen visa in order to do this. The Immigration Services team are unable to advise on this type of visa, but you can find useful information on our website in reference to this: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/international/immigration/othervisas/travelling/europe/
• My degree will be awarded soon. What post study work visa options are there that I may be able to consider?
Please see our website for information on the different post study work visa options.
• I would like to withdraw from my course – how will this affect my immigration permissions?
For information on wirthdrawals and how this will affedt your immigration permissions please see our 'Withdrawal and breaks in study' pages.