About the programme
The University of Warwick is committed to working with young people to maximise their academic potential. We are offering Year 13 students (predicted to achieve between A* to C grades) the opportunity to participate in a free 3 day A Level Revision Bootcamp during the Easter holidays.
Participants will learn, revise and study one subject area intensively, with the chance to review progress through assessments and 1-2-1 feedback. We aim to provide a packed timetable, which will be constructive, valuable and enjoyable. Each day will be hosted at the University of Warwick, but sessions will be delivered by qualified teachers with vast experience in their subject areas.
There will also be an opportunity to explore effective study skills, exam technique and develop strategies in preparing for exams.
Widening Participation and Outreach team
Tel: +44 (0)24 7657 3555
The key information is contained within this menu. Open each section to find out more.
This year's subjects and exam boards include:
• Chemistry (AQA)
• Mathematics (all exam boards)
• Psychology (AQA) - covers core content only (not paper 3)
• Exam assessment and detailed feedback
• Approaches to exam strategy
• Work with current Student Ambassadors
• Gain insight into study at University of Warwick
• University information, advice and guidance sessions
• Currently in Year 13
• Predicted to achieve A* to C A Level grades
• Applied through UCAS this academic year (including deferred entry)
• Attend a state funded school/college
Students must also meet at least two of the following eligibility criteria (please note priority will be given to programme students and those that meet more than two criteria):
• Come from a home where neither parent attended university in the UK or abroad
• Be in receipt of or entitled to free school meals, or have been entitled to them at a point in the last six years
• Be in receipt of or entitled to discretionary payments/16-19 bursary/Pupil Premium at school/college
• Live in a low participation neighbourhood as defined by home postcode (The A Level Bootcamp managers will check the postcode using our Postcode checker)
• Lives in or has lived in local authority care
The 2020 A Level Bootcamp has unfortunately been cancelled.
Please read our statement here.