About the programme
The University of Warwick is committed to working with young people to maxmise their academic potential. We are offering Year 13 students (predicted to achieve between A* to C grades) the opportunity to participate in a free 3 day A Level Revision Bootcamp during the Easter holidays.
Participants will learn, revise and study one subject area intensively, with the chance to review progress through assessments and 1-2-1 feedback. We aim to provide a packed timetable, which will be constructive, valuable and enjoyable. Each day will be hosted at the University of Warwick, but sessions will be delivered by qualified teachers with vast experience in their subject areas.
There will also be an opportunity to explore effective study skills, exam technique and develop strategies in preparing for exams.
Widening Participation and Outreach team
Tel: +44 (0)24 7657 3555
The key information is contained within this menu. Open each section to find out more.
Time: 9am to 4pm (please note this event is non-residential)
Location: University of Warwick
Please note this event is primarily aimed at local students as they are responsible for travelling to the event each day. If you are given a place at the event, attendance is compulsory for the full duration of the programme.
Last year's subjects and exam boards included:
• Chemistry (AQA) - also suitable for those studying with OCR or Edexcel
• English Literature (AQA B - Aspects of Tragedy)
• History (AQA HIS2C The Tudors / OCR F963 Option A Mid-Tudor Crises 1536-69)
• Mathematics (Edexcel)
• Psychology (AQA)
• Exam assessment and detailed feedback
• Approaches to exam strategy
• Work with current Student Ambassadors
• Gain insight into study at University of Warwick
• University information, advice and guidance sessions
• Currently in Year 13
• Predicted to achieve A* to C A Level grades
• Applying through UCAs this academic year (including deferred entry)
Students must also meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria (please note priority will be given to programme students and those that meet more than one criteria):
• Come from a home where neither parent attended university in the UK or abroad
• In receipt (or eligible) for Free School Meals
• In receipt of discretionary means tested payments, 16-19 bursary or be eligible for pupil premium
• Lives in or has lived in local authority care
• Current University of Warwick programme student (including Pathways to Law, Realising Opportunities and UniTracks)
We are looking for subject leads that fit the following criteria who can:
• Plan and deliver an intensive revision programme that will motivate and stretch participants
• Identify areas where progress can be made to boost attainment and provide structured advice for participants
• During the event, we expect each subject area to undertake an assessment, followed by a detailed feedback session led by subject leads
• Experience of teaching the subject at A Level
• Positive and enthusiastic about their subject
• Ability to teach across exam boards
• Experience of working with more able pupils
• Experience of / Awareness of different approaches to exams
• Experience of / Awareness of study skills techniques / critical thinking
If you are interested in leading sessions at the A Level Bootcamp register your interest by emailing email@example.com.