Applications for the 2022 Bootcamp are now open. Please apply here.
About the programme
The University of Warwick is committed to working with young people to maximise their academic potential. We are offering Year 13 students on our access programmes and predicted to achieve between A* to C grades the opportunity to participate in a free three day A Level Revision Bootcamp during the Easter holidays. We have a very limited amount of places available for students in the Midlands who are not participating in any of our access programmes, but who meet the eligibility criteria outlined below.
Participants will learn, revise and study one subject area intensively and we aim to provide a packed timetable, which will be constructive, valuable and enjoyable. Each day will be hosted at the University of Warwick, but sessions will be delivered by qualified teachers with vast experience in their subject areas.
The bootcamp is non-residential and will take place on The University of Warwick's campus on the Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd April 2022 and successful applicants will need to attend all three days.
Widening Participation and Outreach team
Tel: +44 (0)24 7657 3555
This year's subjects are:
• Developing approaches to exam strategy
• Working with current Student Ambassadors
• Gaining insight into study at University of Warwick
• University information, advice and guidance sessions
• Currently in Year 13
• Predicted to achieve A* to C A Level grades
• Living or studying within the Midlands area
• Applied through UCAS this academic year (including deferred entry)
• Attend a state funded school/college
Students must also meet at least two of the following eligibility criteria (please note priority will be given to programme students and those that meet more than two criteria):
• Participating on of one of our access programmes
• Come from a home where neither parent attended university in the UK or abroad
• Be in receipt of or entitled to free school meals, or have been entitled to them at a point in the last six years
• Be in receipt of or entitled to discretionary payments/16-19 bursary/Pupil Premium at school/college
• Live in a low participation neighbourhood as defined by home postcode (The A Level Bootcamp managers will check the postcode using our contextual offer criteria)
• Lives in or has lived in local authority care