About the programme
The University of Warwick is committed to working with young people to maximise their academic potential. We are offering Year 13 students (predicted to achieve between A* to C grades) the opportunity to participate in a free 3 day A Level Revision Bootcamp during the Easter holidays.
Participants will learn, revise and study one subject area intensively, with the chance to review progress through assessments and 1-2-1 feedback. We aim to provide a packed timetable, which will be constructive, valuable and enjoyable. Each day will be hosted at the University of Warwick, but sessions will be delivered by qualified teachers with vast experience in their subject areas.
There will also be an opportunity to explore effective study skills, exam technique and develop strategies in preparing for exams.
Widening Participation and Outreach team
Tel: +44 (0)24 7657 3555
The key information is contained within this menu. Open each section to find out more.
Time: 9am to 4pm (please note this event is non-residential)
Location: University of Warwick
Please note this event is primarily aimed at local students as they are responsible for travelling to the event each day. If you are given a place at the event, attendance is compulsory for the full duration of the programme. If you are a programme student on UniTracks or attended a Summer School, where travel may become a barrier to participation in the event, please contact us as accomodation may be available.
This year's subjects and exam boards include:
• Chemistry (AQA)
• History (AQA HIS1C) The Tudors / (OCR H505 Y106) Early Tudors and (Y107) Later Tutors
• Mathematics (Edexcel)
• Psychology (AQA)
• Exam assessment and detailed feedback
• Approaches to exam strategy
• Work with current Student Ambassadors
• Gain insight into study at University of Warwick
• University information, advice and guidance sessions
• Currently in Year 13
• Predicted to achieve A* to C A Level grades
• Applied through UCAs this academic year (including deferred entry)
• Attend a state funded school/college
If you are a current Year 13 University of Warwick programme student on Pathways to Law, Pathways to Banking, UniTracks, Realising Opportunities or attended a Year 12 Summer School at Warwick (either Experience Warwick or Sutton Trust) you will still need to complete the form, but will automatically be allocated a place at the event.
Students must also meet at least two of the following eligibility criteria (please note priority will be given to programme students and those that meet more than two criteria):
• Come from a home where neither parent attended university in the UK or abroad
• Be in receipt of or entitled to free school meals, or have been entitled to them at a point in the last six years
• Be in receipt of or entitled to discretionary payments/16-19 bursary/Pupil Premium at school/college
• Live in a low participation neighbourhood as defined by home postcode (The A Level Bootcamp manager will check the postcode using our Postcode checker)
• Lives in or has lived in local authority care
We are looking for subject leads that fit the following criteria who can:
• Plan and deliver an intensive revision programme that will motivate and stretch participants
• Identify areas where progress can be made to boost attainment and provide structured advice for participants
• During the event, we expect each subject area to undertake an assessment, followed by a detailed feedback session led by subject leads
• Experience of teaching the subject at A Level
• Positive and enthusiastic about their subject
• Ability to teach across exam boards
• Experience of working with more able pupils
• Experience of / Awareness of different approaches to exams
• Experience of / Awareness of study skills techniques / critical thinking
If you are interested in leading sessions at the A Level Bootcamp register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A level Bootcamp applications are now closed for 2018
We will advertise our next A Level Bootcamp in January 2019
If you are interested in attending our next A Level Bootcamp in 2019, please fill out our expression of interest form here.