8-12 July 2024
The Year 10 Work Experience programme is a collaboration between Widening Participation and departments at the University of Warwick. We are delighted that we will again be welcoming Year 10 students to WMG, following on from previous years' successes. This year, for the first time, we will also be offering a one week experience in Creative Arts.
This is a unique opportunity, allowing students to benefit from hands-on experience of working directly on a variety of projects; learning from the expertise of academics and specialists, while gaining an insight into studying at a top university
Our Work Experience programme is suitable for individuals who are looking to pursue a future in science and engineering, or the creative arts. It runs from Monday 8 to Friday 12 July 2024 on campus at the University of Warwick.
Key information about the programme, including the application process, will be sent to school careers leads and heads of year during the spring term.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet each of the following criteria:
- Currently a Year 10 student in a non-selective state school in Coventry or Warwickshire
- Interested in pursuing a career in science and engineering or the creative arts
- Agreement to attend from a parent/carer
- Support from your teacher
- Able to attend the five day programme at the University of Warwick
In addition, you must meet at least one of our Widening Participation criteria:
- In receipt of, or within the last six years has been eligible for, free school meals.
- Living, or has lived in, local authority care.
- Caring responsibilities (young carer).
We anticipate a high level of interest in this opportunity and there will be a limited number of places offered. Details of how and when to apply will be communicated to school careers leads and heads of year during the spring term.