About the Experience Warwick Partnership
The Experience Warwick Partnership offers a variety of in-school and on-campus activities for local state schools in Coventry and Warwickshire aiming to inspire and inform local young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to progress to Higher Education. The partnership provides information, advice and guidance, in addition to exciting opportunities to enable learners to make informed decisions at key milestones throughout their educational journey. Our activities are tailored to understand the needs of local schools and support the progression of learners whose peers and family have limited knowledge or experience of HE.
Our work with schools
In collaboration with schools, we have created a bespoke sustained programme of activity, where each year group is invited to work with us on a variety of different events. The aim is that we have long term engagement with the same targeted students from Year 7 through to Year 12. These activities will include campus visits, academic taster sessions, in school mentoring and opportunities for students to learn about the next steps from Year 11 onwards. The programme of activities align closely to the Gatsby Benchmarks and objectives and outcomes are evidenced and evaluated through a Theory of Change model.
Lucy Brooks, Widening Participation Officer
Leanne Harris, Widening Participation Officer
Email: experiencewarwick at warwick dot ac dot uk
The core aims of the Experience Warwick Partnership are:
- To support the aspirations of young people and raise their expectations about what they can achieve in the future.
- To encourage young people to think about their futures and support them to make informed choices.
- To support young people to develop their confidence and resilience.
- To provide a positive experience of higher education.
- To work in partnership with schools to understand any specific needs and challenges to best support the school.
School eligibility for the Partnership:
For your school to be eligible for the Experience Warwick Partnership, it must meet the following criteria:
- Situated within Coventry or Warwickshire local authority
- Have a percentage of students on Free School Meals or eligible for Pupil Premium support higher than the national average
- Have a named co-ordinator who is willing to oversee partnership activities
Student eligibility for Partnership activities
For Experience Warwick activities, priority is given to pupils meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- In receipt of (or eligible for) Free School Meals
- In receipt of discretionary means tested payments or eligible for pupil premium
- Living or has lived in local authority care
- Living in a low participation neighbourhood
- No parental history of Higher Education
- Has caring responsibilities (young carer)
If you would like further information on Experience Warwick or would like us to attend any in school events please contact email@example.com