Essential Warwick provides facts and figures about the University at a glance and gives an overview of the University's activities.
Our vision is to be a world-class university – one with a dynamic, enterprising approach to solving global challenges; one that enables students to create their place in the world; one that defines the university of tomorrow. So, what does our future hold? Our current strategy lays out the following goals:
- Enable our students to succeed
- Deliver world-class research
- Secure our global position
- Engage our communities
- Champion social, cultural and economic growth
- Secure our future sustainability.
- Pursuit of excellence – excellence is a given. We strive to be the best – and to do even better next time – across our core research and teaching, along with everything that supports what we do.
- Ambition and drive – our success is driven by the desire of our staff and students to challenge convention, create something new, and play their part in shaping the future.
- Enterprising – we’re forward-looking, fast-moving, flexible and free-thinking, quick to explore ideas, to exploit fresh opportunities and to take well-considered risks.
- Making a difference – we try to show the world what a modern university can do: delivering a service, solving problems and providing sustainability for the community and global society.
- Community – our lively community encourages and challenges ideas, promotes dignity, respect, health and wellbeing, making Warwick welcoming.
- Accessible – we’ve always believed in widening participation, in being open, friendly, easy to work with as equal partners and as non‑hierarchical as possible.
- Global perspective – our cosmopolitan outlook and identity enrich our thinking and inform our quest for global relevance and world-class impact.
- Independence – we are self-sufficient, unafraid to upset the status quo, to redefine academic parameters and satisfy our appetite for exploration, innovation and leadership.