LLL (certificated) terms and conditions
1. You should select the appropriate level to ensure progression.
2. Where a level has already been successfully completed, you should enrol for the next level (if offered in that year).
3. All students are encouraged to complete assessments or portfolios, depending on the level, as part of the course.
4. Places are confirmed only when payment has been received.
5. Places are not transferable to other people.
6. Our online secure payment system accepts most major credit and debit cards. Payment can only be made online.
7. Unfortunately Warwick Learning Account (WLA) vouchers cannot now be used for LLL courses. More information on the WLA voucher scheme can be found here: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/humanresources/internal/rewardandbenefits/corebenefits/wla
8. Confirmation of your booking will come in the form of an automated email once you have completed the online enrolment and payment forms.
9. We operate a no refund policy, except in the following cases:
- If we have to cancel the course;
If you are unable to attend and you notify us at least one week before the start of the course;
- In very special circumstances (medical reasons or relocation - proof required for both). This does not include other commitments.
10. In the case of course cancellation (for example sudden tutor unavailability or where enrolment is below the minimum group size required), a full refund will be given for remaining classes.
11. If you are taking one of our LLL courses, you may be eligible for a certificate awarded by the Language Centre. In order to be eligible for a certificate, you must comply with the following requirements:
- Attend a minimum of 10 classes over terms 1 and 2
- Complete all assessments/portfolio/tasks
- Achieve sufficient can-do statements to progress to the next level
If you are an undergraduate student of the university (who meets the above criteria), you will not receive a specific certificate for completion of an LLL course; instead the course will be added to your HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Record) for that academic year.
Please note: Certificates will be issued during the latter part of the university's summer vacation. If you are eligible for a certificate, you will be contacted by the centre over the summer, using the email address provided in the enrolment form, so please ensure that the contact information we have for you is up-to-date.