Postgraduate taught and research courses
Welcome to the Warwick Writing Programme, an internationally acclaimed programme that attracts writers, literary translators and researchers from across the globe. We offer two MA programmes - the MA in Writing and the MA in Literary Translation Studies - alongside two PhD programmes - one in creative writing and one in literary translation studies.
View our postgraduate degrees in the university's prospectus
- MA in Writing
- MA in Literary Translation Studies
- PhD in Literary Practice
How to apply and funding
- Apply to the MA in WritingLink opens in a new window
- MA in Writing application FAQs
- MA in Literary Translation Studies application FAQs
- You should start by checking whether your proposal fits in with our areas of expertise by looking at our People pages.
- You should then provide us with a CV and a 500-word research proposal. Jodie Kim is the admissions tutor for the PhD in Literary Practice (Creative Writing). Guidance on how to structure your research proposal can be found here.
- We will be in touch afterwards to discuss your proposal. If we confirm a suitable supervisor with you, we'll invite you to apply onlineLink opens in a new window.
- Postgraduate fees and funding - general University guidanceLink opens in a new window
- Warwick Doctoral College funding guidanceLink opens in a new window
- Midlands4Cities funding scheme (for home and international PhD applicants)