Led by Lauren Schrock (WMG)
Purpose of the Learning Circle
Interdisciplinarity has an impressive pedigree at Warwick. This learning circle is intended to allow those Fellows with a specific interest in interdisciplinary approaches to come together and learn from each other. The project currently in progress aims to gather data on interdisciplinary initiatives around the University and then create a Warwick inventory of interdisciplinarity. This will then be highlighted through a MyWarwick space with the ultimate aims of:
- Promoting awareness and engagement with current interdisciplinarity opportunities and
- Creating new interdisciplinary initiatives, particularly new modules and research projects.
Aims of the Learning Circle
The Learning Circle aims to:
- Develop and disseminate exemplars of good practice.
- Engage in ongoing evaluations with students and staff to enhance cross-disciplinary practices in the interest of the student learning experience.
- Encourage strategic cross-disciplinary collaboration and joint cross-disciplinary investment by showcasing interdisciplinary initiatives at departmental and institutional levels.
Plan of Work for 2020/21
In the coming academic year, the Learning Circle intends to:
- Consider the recommendations of the report arising from the WIHEA funded project on interdisciplinarity and to agree an action plan for the learning circle to work on throughout the year.
- Reflect and discuss on interdisciplinary themes, such as the barriers to interdisciplinary teaching, and write and publish papers.
- Reflect and discuss on how the effectiveness of interdisciplinary teaching can be measured through data.
- Create an online Interdisciplinary Staff Hub to include case studies and advice on designing an interdisciplinary module and embedding interdisciplinarity in digital education.
Meeting Dates for 2020/21
- Thursday 29th October 2020 - 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm on Teams
- Thursday 19th November 2020 - 3 pm to 4 pm on Teams
- Monday 15th February 2021 - 2 pm to 3 pm on Teams
- Thursday 1st April 2021 - 2 pm to 3 pm on Teams
- Thursday 24th June 2021 - 11.15 am to 12 noon on Teams
Current members of this circle
- Jo Angouri
- Gavin Bell
- Emily Dunford
- Elizabeth Hough
- Nichola Howell-Manning
- Bo Kelestyn
- Russ Kitson
- Georgia Kremmyda
- Debbi Marais
- Jennie Mills
- Ines Molinaro
- Robert O'Toole
- Stefania Paredes Fuentes
- Sophie Reissner-Roubicek
- Claire Rocks
- Ruth Taylor
- Lauren Schrock (Lead)
- Jo Wale