Led by David Lees (SMLC), this circle seeks to support the development of student peer mentoring at Warwick. The Learning Circle will bring together colleagues with an interest in student peer mentoring (and peer-assisted learning) to share existing practice and to develop future initiatives across the institution. The initial aims of the Learning Circle are:
- To establish existing practice of student peer mentoring and peer-assisted learning across Warwick.
- To investigate examples of best practice across the sector as a whole.
- To support departmental and Faculty-wide initiatives to develop peer mentoring and peer-assisted learning.
- To examine potential future policy for student peer mentoring and peer-assisted learning across the institution.
A WIHEA-funded project is currently underway, working closely with the Learning Circle to review and strengthen existing peer support networks across the University. To find out more about this project, and keep up to date with its progress, please click here.
Current members of this circle:
- David Lees (Lead; SMLC/Dean of Students' Office)
- Kate Courage (Library)
- Beccy Freeman (Dean of Students/Life Sciences)
- Izzy Gatward (SMLC)
- Louise Hasler (EPQ)
- Wendy Hunt (Student Opportunity)
- Jagjeet Jutley-Neilson (Psychology)
- Elena Riva (IATL)
- Karen Simececk (Philosophy)
Christian Soegaard (Economics)