Seminar 8. Complex Cases
Date: Friday 4 November 2016
This is the eighth of nine 1-day seminars in this ESRC Seminar Series. Like all the others, this seminar will bring together scholars from a range of disciplines. This time, though, we will be focusing specifically on the problem of the case. For example:
- What kinds of methodological challenges are raised when empirically studying cases as complex systems?
- How does a focus on the case impact on qualitative and quantitative approaches?
- What news kinds of methods might be used to further explore complex systems as cases and, vice versa, cases as complex systems?
Confirmed speakers and presentations include:
- Professor David Byrne: What is a Case? A complexity take on answering that question
- Dr Rajeev Rajaram and Professor Brian Castellani: Case-Based Entropy
- Kara Danks: The Case of the Prison Health Models
- Dr Wendy Dyer: A Thousand Cases