Dr Elia Gironacci
Director of Studies, Civil and Environmental Engineering
E dot Gironacci dot 1 at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 (0) 24 7652 8699
- BSc in Construction Engineering and Buildings Recovery (2010) from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Marche (Ancona, Italy)
- MSc in Construction Engineering (2013, Hons) from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Marche (Ancona, Italy)
- PhD in Computational Mechanics (2018) from the School of Engineering, University of Warwick (Coventry, UK) supervised by Dr Mohaddeseh Mousavi Nezhad and Prof J Toby Mottram
- Computational modelling of crack propagation of quasi-brittle materials with heterogeneous structure
- Thermo-fracture mechanics
- Engineering Education: learning experience for apprentices
- ES196 Statics and Structures (Module Leader)
- ES1A4 Statics and Structures for Degree Apprenticeship (Module Leader)
- ES1A5 Statics and Dynamics
- ES97P Earthquake Resilient Structures (Module Leader)
- ES192 Engineering Design
- ES197 Systems Modelling, Simulation and Computation
- ES2C6 Electromechanical System Design
- Gironacci E, Mousavi Nezhad M, Rezania M, Lancioni G. A nonlocal probabilistic method for modelling of crack propagation. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Accepted (In press), 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2017.11.015
- Mousavi Nezhad M, Gironacci E, Rezania M, Khalili N. Stochastic modelling of crack propagation in materials with random properties using isometric mapping for dimensionality reduction of nonlinear data sets. International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. 2018;113:656–680. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.5630
- Mousavi Nezhad M, Fisher Q, Gironacci E, Rezania M. Experimental Study and Numerical Modeling of
Fracture Propagation in Shale Rocks During Brazilian Disc Test. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Accepted (In press), 2018.
- Gironacci E, Mousavi Nezhad M. Non-linear dimensionality reduction technique of random fields applied on fracture mechanics problems. 2nd ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on International Conference on Uncertainty Quantification in Computational Sciences and Engineering UNCECOMP, Rhodes Island, Greece, 2017.
- Gironacci E, Mousavi Nezhad M, Rezania M. Modelling of crack propagation in brittle heterogeneous materials. The 23rd Annual Conference on Computational Mechanics, Swansea, UK, 2015.
- Mousavi Nezhad M, Gironacci E, Rezania M, Fisher Q. Computational modelling of crack propagation in shale-gas reservoir rocks. The 23rd Annual Conference on Computational Mechanics, Swansea, UK, 2015.
Projects and Grants
Roles and Responsibilities
- Director of Studies (DoS), Civil and Environmental Engineering Stream
- Degree Apprenticeship in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Programme Manager
- Degree Apprenticeship in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering Apprenticeship Tutor
- University Apprenticeship Tutor Network (ATN) Chair
- Apprenticeship and Work-based Learning Operations Group member
- Faculty of Science Employability Forum member
- School of Engineering Health & Safety Committee member